What did you get in the mail today? 2021

AceYo Mercy 3.
In my opinion the prettiest throw I purchased so far. I’m in love with this splash. This is smooooth and plays like it should be twice the price. Really digging it so far.

18 Likes

Anyone got any al caps

20 Likes

Two years… Missed the initial drop in September 2019. Missed the single restock. Harassed every BST I am a part of, and bugged @YoYoExpertGarrett a few times about potential restocks. Even checked the eBay. I almost gave up. Almost.

Then… A light. A post on r/throwers about a Taobao listing.

In my hubris I thought to go place the order myself. ‘I don’t need to read Chinese,’ I thought, ‘I can intuit a shopping site.’

Wrong. I almost gave up again. The redditor wouldn’t give me a link, and I could not find a Kun anywhere. They gave me a character to search for but everything that came up with that was a giant flying whale leviathan that looked like it should be airbrushed on the side of a van (I would, shoot).

Then I remembered a thread here. Posting fake throws from Taobao and other such sites. A reliable seller and thrower, and helpful presence in our little global community.

I reached out with little hope. ‘Hey you’re in China and I need a thing from China. Help?’. I would not have blamed them for telling me to go paint a fence and watch it dry. But they didn’t. Instead they went to work, found this thing, let me know how much it would be to get it to Arizona, and pulled the trigger. Just like that, it was on its way.

Today this elusive little S.O.B showed up on my doorstep.

It hates me, and I love it.

TL;DR - @Niki is a treasure, and it took me from September 2019 to today to actually get my hands on a Kun.

34 Likes

Got this nice covenant in the mail today. Also does anyone know the exact name of this colorway?

25 Likes

Rainbow Road

6 Likes

I’m curious about how you ended up with a rainbow road covenant without knowing what it was, is this from some kind of patreon thing?

3 Likes

I believe it was a trade someone posted

2 Likes

Rainbow Road. Kaleidoscope is a similar color way with speckles instead of splashes.

Nice throw. There’s only 7 or 8 RR Covey’s out there IIRC.

3 Likes

Bliss, Breeze and Abduction. Thanks @gavboy !

18 Likes

Someone posted a trade on Facebook and I happened to have the yoyo they were looking for.

3 Likes

27 Likes

Wish I wouldn’t have missed out on these. SS of that size/profile sounds fun to try out.

1 Like

26 Likes

I couldn’t resist any longer. Lovely wine red Chopsticks Gorilla:

32 Likes

Tell us about it! Been wanting one for a minute, waited for the green, then spent all my money and decided to halt my buying spree literally two days before YYE got the right color.

2 Likes

Well you have to understand that the gorilla is totally my jam. It has an H shape I absolutely love, big huge weight rings which I love, and all of its specs hit the sweet spot for me. I sorta can’t believe I waited this long to get one, to be honest.

9 Likes

Grail

After a month of searching I finally found a B7 grail and damn this thing plays so floaty. Loving it so far

33 Likes

I also managed to finally score a Day Tripper thanks to @evildipper.

33 Likes

That’s a beaut! My eyes are burning from that bright pink.

2 Likes

First yoyo mail day since graduation :slight_smile:

BIG brownie points to anyone who knows what the yo-yo is

23 Likes