What did you get in the mail today? 2021

That looks like a Yoyorecreation - RAMI. How does it play?

2 Likes

So many good colors

20 Likes

Only had a few minutes to play with it and admittedly I haven’t touched a yo-yo in months but I think it plays pretty well. If I recall it feels similar to a Sengoku Musashi. Seems balanced, doesn’t feel aggressive and extreme like Draupnir. Feels solid but not hefty and sluggish like an Ignition.

I think it’s a really good balance for 1a and 3a. Go .5-1g lighter and it’s prob a little too light for 3a, any heavier and it would feel pretty heavy for 1a.

On a side note, my 3a has kinda gone down the drain :sweat_smile: prob cuz I was never that good at 3a in the first place so muscle memory wasn’t as engrained as 1a

5 Likes

That’s right up my alley. I may have to purchase one once they’re in stock. Thanks for taking the time to write all of that, my friend. I appreciate it!

2 Likes

These two arrived today, weeks sooner than I expected them. Both are Spinworthy fixies, the wood is a cherry KNack, which Glen made for me when Ed first posted the dEHcade idea. The white yoyo is a POM fIxie with aluminum axle.

I’ve decided to wait until January 1 to throw the KNack (we will see how close to that date I can get before I breakdown). I did give the POM a few minutes of play tonight. It is light, yet has some power. As we have grown to expect fron Spinworthy, it plays really well, and, does the trick Tapemeasure like nothing I’ve ever played. The POM just glides in your palm.

I’m feeling extra fortunate to have been able to pull the trigger on these, especially in light of Glen’s recent announcement.

While the picture of the gap makes the yo-yos look asymmetrical, they are not. Glen’s craftsmanship is on point, my photography isn’t.

22 Likes

Thank you @Sinister_Yoyos it came today. I finally have a Hildy Bros azalea. I have never seen a fixed wood axle yo-yo with such a deep v. Feels strange but in a good way.

23 Likes

The wood one is a Cherry KNack, which I consider one of the most perfect woods for it.

5 Likes

22 Likes

23 Likes

Welcome! Those are some solid acquisitions. I love that green on the Wedge. Wish it was available when I got mine!

3 Likes

What are your impressions of the Colossus VI? I have been thinking of picking one up.

2 Likes

That sure is green!

3 Likes

A pair of clear ODs

37 Likes

I think OD and DocPop nailed it with the DayTripper response. Especially with a greased bearing. That thing is snappier than my fixed axle :ok_hand:

6 Likes

bye! I’ll be able to tell you something in a few days, as I only got a few minutes before posting the photos.
Talk to you soon! :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah I do really enjoy it with a little grease. I think overall it plays how I want a responsive 0A yoyo to play more than any other one I’ve tried, but I guess what I’m after is that “perfect” setup where it’ll respond like that without having to maintain the bearing.

2 Likes

Just ordered a bunch of YYF One’s and a First Base to give as Christmas presents. I do a theme at Christmas each year. This is going to be the year of the yoyo.

6 Likes

I’m eagerly waiting for the RBC drop.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums! That green wedge sure is a beauty.

4 Likes

:cherry_blossom:

(come on discourse :weary:. Sorry for the embed fail )

6 Likes