What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Hope you’re enjoying it! Love the pics! Thank you so much for your support, David!

1 Like

The price was a hard pill to swallow, but I had to get one. Such a cool shape with the sharp edge and stainless. It’s got into rotation with my Assassin and a few other favorites. I’d love to see something like this full size from @moefv and @hobbygod at some point. Maybe something slightly bigger than a Grail, but not quite as big as a Pomelo.

4 Likes

We really tried to make them as affordable as we could but stainless steel is pretty expensive to machine especially when you are electroplating such a small amount. Also had to take all the extras included into consideration. This may be the last time we make a stainless steel yoyo just because the manufacturing cost was so high and we had many B-Grades. We did try to keep it under $200 since we had seen the RSO Bowl mini went for around $200 and also had seen other stainless steel throws be priced anywhere from $75 to $200. Also the manufacturing cost to machine a stainless steel yoyo that is as big as the grail would be pretty costly but could definitely be a cool project!

4 Likes

I’d love to do a full sized stainless yoyo, but it’s tough. I have an upcoming bimetal model that Is around 54mm that I’d like to play around with in full SS. I’ll keep u posted.

2 Likes

First order back in the scene. Had to get W E I R D. so I bought a couple Oreos. (Red YYR Impact, and Purple R2FG Deduction). Sadly was missing the coin with the deduction but hopefully will be rectified soon.

18 Likes

A nice stock of new inks

12 Likes

Hey, no complaints and maybe it’s bad form to talk about pricing, but in the end, I did buy and no regrets at all. Still adjusting to the concept of high end yoyos. It took me a few months before I was willing to buy a Shutter when I first discovered unresponsive yo-yos last year and obviously that’s one of the best values around. I understand the costs that go into things and overhead more so if you’re doing something full time as well.

3 Likes

Oh not bashing you at all. We just have people ask about pricing and how we get to a retail price and there is a lot that goes into it. We really appreciate your support and hope you’re enjoying it! We will be making a 6061 AL budget friendly throw soon and it’s a pretty cool concept my wife came up with. Should be coming up after our bimetal we will be releasing in a few months!

4 Likes

Good luck.
I pre-ordered that yoyo and waited for a few months to get it.
It is a great throw too. Looks and plays great.

kgb

1 Like

Happy birthday to me.

kgb

29 Likes

Indeed, Happy Birthday bud!!!

6 Likes

Congrats brother, may you have a wonderfull year.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday!

6 Likes

Thank you Jakob Austin!

21 Likes

Thanks @dizzo !

31 Likes

Snody snake charmer. Really nice.

18 Likes

That looks nice. A Karambit style Kabar.

2 Likes

Y’all already know what this is.

28 Likes

I haven’t received mine yet. How does it play?

2 Likes

The Schrade In the black kydex is the old neck blade. The Snody is actually better. Trust me.

12 Likes