What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

Very cool!

At 240fps, the maximum time the shutter could be open is 1/240 second. Not very long to expose the frame, so if aperture can’t open any wider, camera will compensate by turning up sensitivity on sensor (ISO).

For slow-motion, you’ll likely want to light yourself way brighter than usual.

4 Likes

Makes so much sense. Thank you will have to try that next time I want to actually do some slow mo videos!

2 Likes

I think so.

:thinking:

7 Likes

Something I didn’t buy!

I purchased a brown Project 2 prototype off the Facebook BST and this beauty showed up instead. The seller had packed up my order in a hurry after a power outage and accidentally sent me his OG Project instead. It goes back to him tomorrow but I’ll admit that I had to sneak in a throw or two while it’s in my custody (over carpet of course)

32 Likes

Enjoy a few more throws!! I almost feel guilty having you send it back haha.

15 Likes

Ty @JEA86!

23 Likes

Please get bored, hate it, fall out and squabble with that one as quick as possible… Then send it to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It’s so beautiful :sob:

1 Like

Ooooh that brown project used to be my baby!

Hope you still love it too @jojopro

4 Likes

Absolutely! He’s super nice and is shipping it back. I don’t get too attached to yoyos easily, but that Project is basically the last yoyo in my case that I have from that year haha. It’s my child.

6 Likes

My Battle Grade Doom Bot arrived today.

The presentation that @lytelvin has done with this model is superb. The delrin canister it comes in is a machining masterpiece in itself.

I’ve only spent about a half hour with it and I can tell straight away how much of a beast this yoyo is. Powerful on a throw and a large catch zone makes this thing hit tricks with ease.

Despite the Battle Grade title, the vibe isn’t too drastic. You can feel it when you touch it, so I just won’t touch it, problem solved!

I’m really looking forward to getting to know this yoyo a bit more over the next few days.

24 Likes

18 Likes

@Grendel That is a work of art my friend! im dying to see the the scales :star_struck: please. 49 layers of true forged Damascus :drooling_face:

1 Like

That used to be my sword of choice for years. They seem to be so overlooked in their marketplace but I would take them all day over shuns

2 Likes

Cool, but ultimately the customer pays for all of those ‘goodies’ like special boxes, fancy stickers, badges, pins etc.

7 Likes

Yep, we do!

4 Likes

Goodies / extras are nice but a few hours later I have absolutely no idea what to do with the stuff so I put them in a baggie at the bottom of my yoyo tool box to be forgotten about.

7 Likes

Finally got em!

29 Likes

Yeah, gimmie an extra bearing and/or an extra axle(or just the yoyo) over “goodies” any day.

5 Likes

Wowzers… What a haul.

4 Likes