What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

Which run do you prefer?

I don’t buy new yoyo’s that often…

24 Likes

What’s the blue? It looks like a painted wood…

Oh interesting. They didn’t tell us anything about changes to the design. I’ll make a note to update the specs on Monday, thanks for pointing that out! :+1:

1 Like

My sage plays nice and unresponsive with the center track bearing. I would think yours should too.

Yeah - Correct. A Peon. Got it at the same time.

1 Like

On borrowed time with this guy. Such a fun, flowy throw. Part of this “pay it forward” started by @dizzo

14 Likes

I use the Almighty especially when I want to learn a long combo since it spins significantly longer than any throw I have. It is very stable and keeps to its plane very, very well. It is glass smooth and it also comes with a YYR DS bearing, so no need to upgrade it.

I really dislike heavier throws, but although it is 67.x grams, it honestly doesn’t seem to feel that much heavier on the string - anymore than a grasshopper gtx.
In fact my 10 yr old son uses the red Almighty as his favorite.

Also has a smaller gap width, which gives it a nice, consistent snappy bind. It is not snaggy at all.

I use airetic strings (slim) which further mutes down the weight impact when you throw it down. Now it feels even lighter - maybe like a Galaxy Diver 6061 (which is one of my favorites). With this setup it has become my EDC.

4 Likes

Definitely the second run… The first run of the Almighty is very fun. In the second run you can tell they gave the design tweaks a lot of thought, and it unmistakenly feels more refined.

3 Likes

My Mk1 Exia came in on Wednesday morning, but I was out of town. I just cracked it open last night and so far I love it. Here is one of my most gorgeous throws:

22 Likes

Mine arrived aswell, I like it aswell, very interesting throw!

2 Likes

MK1 mail day!
Very interesting throw, I enjoy this guy. @Roy_Dodge review was spot on! It plays lighter then it looks/feels. Very nice catch zone aswell.

21 Likes

Wow, that design looks ultra agressive!

1 Like

Man, this might by my favorite bi metal at the moment, very under rated in my opinion.

1 Like

Beautiful! And glad you agree with my assessment. @MarkD used some sorcery on this one to make it feel so light but still play so amazing.

1 Like

Got a new proto in the mail yesterday from a buddy of mine. Feels very nice!

18 Likes

The one that got dropped straight from the box? :wink:

5 Likes

Thats the one haha

3 Likes

Mountain Man:

18 Likes

That is beautiful. Low-key and tough-looking and I bet the first throw was amazing.