What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

I love saturday markets. I have no idea why it’s called that but I love the dirtyish / worn / corroded look of them. I’d lace em up with neon orange or yellow and oooh, boy! Hot!

2 Likes

Usually grayish purple.

Haha doesn’t make you a bad person, just different tastes and preferences. As for spinning color, it can vary a bit. The deep state is almost a copper, the other 2 are more purple. My kuntosh qv is a light orange, and my top deck is a chartreuse.

3 Likes

Glad it find a new home :slight_smile:

1 Like

My interpretation of the Saturday Market colorway is an almost cinematic one. Picture yourself in the middle of a bustling asian street market at night (think Tokyo or similar) and there’s a bunch of flashing lights, different signs, and colors all melding together. You look down at the road you’re walking on and there’s a pothole filled with water, and in the water is the abstract reflection and beautiful combination of all those lights and colors all around you. All the food stands/vendors, stuff being sold on either side of you, all kinds of people in different colored clothing - all the sights from everything around you, overwhelming as it may be, all blending into one. That’s the Saturday Market colorway to me.

9 Likes

:sob: beautiful!

3 Likes

That’s so beautifully put, I can picture it so vividly, my interpretation of what a Saturday market is … Ah boys we got way to drunk this week. Let’s just chuck what we got left at those last yo-yos. :rofl:
Yours is more poetic.

1 Like

A man accidentally drops his yoyo into that brightly colored puddle and when he pulls it out he finds the yoyo has taken on the colors that are on the surface of that puddle.

5 Likes

This sounds like an @ChrisFrancz drawing!!!

2 Likes

I guess I’m really late but I got this Sage.WIN_20201113_09_58_26_Pro
My response pads fell out though but I superglued them back on lol.
It can only do unresponsive stuff now but hey.

10 Likes

What bearing is in it? Was it responsive before the super glued pads?

yessir
it came with the vip bearing and the normal ball bearing for responsive

WIN_20201113_09_58_26_Pro WIN_20201113_12_12_39_Pro WIN_20201113_12_12_52_Pro

9 Likes

Hasn’t been very many times I buy back a yo-yo that I’ve sold

19 Likes

That is some serious algebra under that yo-yo.

4 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t recognize it. What is that math, @MattE?

1 Like

It’s linear algebra. I’m a graduate student studying data science, and this was some assignment on dimensionality reduction via random projections.

5 Likes

YYR Almighty

I like the first run so much that I bought one from YYR’s second run.

19 Likes

Apparently the second run of the Almighty has a wider width 45mm vs 44mm (?) when compared from the first run. Also probably 1mm smaller in diameter.
@YoYoExpertGarrett perhaps we should update the product specs in the site.

The new one (on the left) also has slightly bigger metal rims than the first run. It is absolutely smooth, and is practically all catch zone. Easily the most stable and longest spinning throw I have.

20 Likes

Very interesting! How does it play compared to other throws?

2 Likes

A nice organic trio

18 Likes