What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

I just got my Moldy Bread. I’m loving this resurgence of small bearings.

14 Likes

@markmont remember this bad boys?

21 Likes

So I joined a ‘Throw-It-Forward’ box thingy awhile ago. A box of yos get shipped out, you take one…leave one, then ship it to the next in line.

I got this one :smiley:

2016 YoYoFactory Superstar

And for not being green…it sure is a pretty little thing! Actually kinda happy it’s not green. I may carry this one out and about with me a bit without fear of it getting scratched and dinged up haha.

13 Likes

‘Yes’ I do lol

2 Likes

US 1 / 2.25mm premium bamboo knitting needles. Premium knot pickers for those axle loops.

8 Likes

I use this:

11 Likes

Thats ‘ OYY’ The Batsquatch was :100: designed by PDX-YO, however we collaborated with Coffin Nachtmarr from Oh Yes Yo for the sticker art and the purple black colorway- we loved the sticker art so much we put one in every box.

12 Likes

Another abundant yoyo week:

Top row: Virtuoso, Kuntosh 5000QV, Edolass, Orbital GTX boxed set
Bottom row: Markmont Classic, Kuntosh, Astrea, Snapshot

18 Likes

I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Orbital GTX. On one hand the specs really intrigue me but on the other I’m not sure I like the shape.

2 Likes

It is basically like a bigger Haymaker X. I like the shape, but it is the size that I need to get used to; the 46mm width in particular.

3 Likes

Found a nice bundle on eBay:

PSG, Whip and Liopleurodon.

The PSG is a very good plastic, nice heft to it and plenty of power. The Whip is a surprisingly good budget plastic. I think this would be a great yoyo to get someone started in throwing. The star of the bundle and the reason I bought it, is the ILYY Liopleurodon. What a fantastic throw! Holds a lot of power in play and is comfy in the hand. Very hard to put down!

16 Likes

I like Victorinox toothpicks for knots.

3 Likes

A holy grail of mine…
VsNYYC Septopus

14 Likes

Oh man…

Due to circumstances in my life piling up I left the Vs Newton team before getting to try anything after the Battosai. Shortly after that I left the yoyoing scene altogether.

Wish I had a chance to try this or a Flying Hutt or Moonwalker.

4 Likes

Every single flying Hutt I have tried needed to be heavily tuned or it vibed like an uneven buzz saw :rofl:
But otherwise amazing throw.
Never played a moon walker but owned a Sky Walker and a Hutt for a time.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve got a Skywalker and two Battosais, one pre-pro. Lost my nickel plated Skywalker

3 Likes

Got a YoyoEmpire Machination in the mail. This thing plays really well.

9 Likes

I got an Alleycat 650b, my first metal responsive.

It’s a pretty good yoyo, but given how great people say it is, I thought I would like it more.

It’s very smooth on the string which is great, but the weight distribution doesn’t feel right to me, or it may just be the feeling of a more dense material. There something about its response that isn’t quite as snappy as I’d like, so I thick lubed up the bearing which has helped a little. The gap is OK, and with a bit of technique adjustment, it shoots the moon just fine.

I think overall, I’m not a fan of the hard hitting feeling of metal 0A so far, but I can see why others might love it. I may just need to give it more play time.

17 Likes

I feel you on this and use to feel the same way. Mine sat on the shelf for a bit as I gravitated to others, but now I’ve really warmed up to it. Once they break in they become really consistent and feel more natural. I’ve finally found the string choice I like as well, simple YYE white bulk poly. Played YYSL X-Types for a while as that was Ed’s signature strings, but I’m liking the lighter poly now more personally.

5 Likes

Same! I ended up going with a poly/cotton blend I got in a trade. It’s working out real well, but I’m running out and will have to ask the seller what the heck it is, lol.

2 Likes