What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

Batsquatch preorder came! Love how it plays. Is it just me or does it feel like a bimetal MMC?

How is the Pariah? I was tempted but I knew the Batsquatch was incoming.

14 Likes

I got the black EDC and I’m really sad I didn’t wait for the copper oxide restock. Excellent throw. PDX Yo is quickly becoming a favorite brand of mine.

3 Likes

Will follow up when it arrives

2 Likes

YES!

5 Likes

That is exactly why I am so wanting. I love my MC. The only thing that could make it better would be a little more spin power.

5 Likes

Bro it is fantastic. If it had side effects I’d buy 3.

4 Likes

Hell yeah side effects for the win!

2 Likes

Also keep in mind it’s green and copper colored stainless rings, not plated and not brass. I personally love the clear and copper. Hella classy. And it’s still in stock right meow.

5 Likes

Batsquatch is cat approved (not staged, she legit just cuddled up to it just now lmao)

11 Likes

I realize I wrope brass earlier. But no, I know its copper colored steel. Which is cool for me.

3 Likes

I’m hesitant about yo-yo companies that haven’t established themselves enough to be sold outside of their own website. There’re just too many companies that have come and gone within a short time frame. I figure if they’re really worthwhile they’ll end up at retailers eventually. And I don’t expect the same level of investment in a product from someone who is making it as a side project as opposed to trying to make a living off of it.

That and it doesn’t seem like many of those brands are doing anything particularly unique or exciting or that you couldn’t get from an established company.

1 Like

20190907_181513
Mom just gave this to me before my birthday dinner. WTH why is this thing so good? Like 80% as good as the MayheM. This is BS. Need like 3 more to scatter around my friends’ houses.

Edit: Forgot the pic, lol.

16 Likes

I won’t totally disagree with you. I do think there are so many small companies that come and go, or only sell direct and never go to an outside retailer. But that doesn’t make me personally hesitant. It’s a toy that I like whether its a slight difference in design or a colorway. Pdx-yo may or may not make it to a retailer, but I think they are doing something right. They started within thier own club and it obviously has caused some excitement so they expanded. I believe they will you will see them at retail soon enough.

6 Likes

I so don’t want to make it sound like I don’t support the big guys. I have a lot of Duncan, YoyoFactory, and I love One Drop stuff, I have about a dozen of thier throws. But they started small as well. If we didn’t give them a chance they wouldn’t be here. I think that is a story of a lot of companies on YYE right now.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m just essentially letting other people do the work of building the brand up before i allow it on my radar. It seems pretty easy to make a good yoyo these days, but if you’re consistently making great yo-yos then you’ll probably start to see a hype train form around you.

2 Likes

That’s fair. Choo-choo! @Tobygroberts

1 Like

I can neither confirm nor deny that there may or may not be a small drop of Swamp Monsters coming to YYE soon :wink: :shushing_face:

12 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

Aaaaand the toddler dragged the 6-hour-old Batsquatch across the tile. Thanks, son.

7 Likes

Well now you don’t have to worry as much about it.
Sorry…:frowning_face:

3 Likes