What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

My mang, thank you for being real.

See too many people go into getting hyped up yoyos then are disappointed by the play.

6 Likes

Got my edgeless, after 30 min of play I definitely am enjoying it. Feels great in the ole hand.

21 Likes

Nice photo! You can clearly see the joint between the pieces. How is it vibe-wise?

2 Likes

Oh it vibes so really just forget it. Itā€™s a totally useless yoyo because of that.

8 Likes

Just a tiny bit of vibe, but it definitely doesnt hurt the play. I honestly didnt notice it at all with my initial throws. I had to go back and thumb nail check after you asked. With the hollow design it actually gives it a really pleasant sound. I am most impressed with the grind finish.

1 Like

Wow, so sassy Glen!

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a long way to go from asking about vibe to saying something is bad because of vibe.

Iā€™m assuming heā€™s curious based on the there being two pieces on each half if it has any vibe as a result. Thatā€™s a huge assumption to make to think heā€™s saying itā€™s bad if it does have vibe.

6 Likes

No one asks that question if they donā€™t care about vibe.

3 Likes

So a minimal amount of vibe is the same thing as unplayable vibe? Thereā€™s a spectrum, and not wanting a pulsating vibe is completely different than wanting a 10/10 smooth yo-yo.

And you can 100% ask that question without caring about small levels of vibe. I was curious to hear the answer to that question too from a design standpoint, but it wouldnā€™t affect my desire for the yo-yo.

5 Likes

So the answer doesnā€™t change anything?

If so, why ask in the first place?

3 Likes

Because itā€™s something theyā€™d like to know.
Thatā€™s why they asked in the first place.
Pretty simple IMHO.

2 Likes

And why would they like to know?

Any other reason other than it bothers them?

Look, I get it, they want smooth, but if vibe is what is holding anyone back from a good yoyo, itā€™s very petty.

3 Likes

I can agree with the idea behind thisā€¦I just donā€™t like the words or attitude you used to try and convey it here.

4 Likes

For a while Iā€™ve been thinking a break from discussion here might do some good. I tend to get annoyed easily at the moment.

4 Likes

:frowning:
Iā€™m trying to take a bit of a break too by posting less frequentlyā€¦because Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m starting to get on peopleā€™s nerves. I know I can be a bit too pushy and much and have a hard time with this stuff.

I think taking breaks from things is a good thing typically though. Iā€™m sorrry to hear things have been a bit frustrating (not sure what word to use here) for you :(.

3 Likes

Ok, you think itā€™s petty, i get it. But even then it still may be a deal breaker to not just the person asking but to people reading this thread. So could you just cool your jets and let the question be answered?

2 Likes

itā€™s fiiiiiiiine to ask about vibe when the yo-yo is two parts that have to be smushed together

5 Likes

I do care about vibe xD

1 Like

I just picked up a raytracer too. Itā€™s very good. Its in my top 3 best bimetals for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah, I love that thing!

1 Like