What did you get in the mail, 2024?

Basically only onedrop manufactures in the US bc they machine it themselves. Yyf sometimes uses us manufacturing but it just doesn’t make sense for most people. I think onedrop charges like double the rate chinese shops do for oem work ($70 for monos or something)

3 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks. I’ve not even heard of Onedrop yet but I’m barely scratching the surface. I’ll have to research them.

2 Likes

The Wizard is a One Drop on the larger side.

They also just announced another that seems like it must be in the same range.

3 Likes

Another Wraith and my Superblack DIY that I got when my light box was down.

21 Likes

Dude, you are exposing me to some stuff that is right up my alley! Both the shell and the wizard are definitely going to make it in my arsenal. I just read up on the shell, I love that idear because I love how polycarbonate feels in my hand and I’m at the stage where I getting my arse kicked, I’m fighting the yoyo & the yoyo wins. My fingers are all tore up and I’m having trouble keeping mildly long finger nails on my right hand (keep them long because I play classical guitar as well as other styles but currently on a tremelo kick). I’ve busted my face up many times, I actually have a mild black eye right now too. lol. The Hidra NXG swung back around after throwing a breakaway from a bad bind and smacked me right in my eye socket bone, it hurt BAD! Still does. I know that will happen even with a polycarb throw but yeah, I guess it’s just a part of pushing the limits and doing my best to improve. I try my best to be careful and mitigate the risks but one bad bind always seems to sneak in there and throws me off guard. I do throw gentle if I even have the slightest hint that I may have a bad bind but they still get past me from time to time. I would really like to reduce the number of times I get knocked out by a yoyo, lol.

For now I’m just considering the cuts and bruises my war scars, a rite of passage, so to speak.

There I go again, just blabbing. In short, thanks for showing me the shell and the wizard, both of those look awesome!

Edit - aaaaand I just bought both. So, since this morning and thanks to you all in this forum, I now have the Emotion, the Shell & the Wizard to look forward to. See, it doesn’t take much to get me on a buying frenzy but now I need to chill out on my yoyo purchases. Haha. What do you all call it here? YYAD (YoYo Acquisition Disorder) :laughing: if so, I definitely have it.

6 Likes

It’s start innocently enough with one.

Then you see something cool you HAD to have.

Next thing ya know…

…oops.

40 Likes

How do you like the DIY? I was going to pick one up when I got the PLTPS and the PLTPS Lite but none of the colors from the initial run were vibing with me.

1 Like

Me TWO!!!:rofl::rofl:
You are not alone.

3 Likes

Got two Pay it Forwards in recently. Silenus (for the 2nd time) and Hybrid Fulvia.

20 Likes

Yo don’t forget to tie a slipknot before throwing that Yoyo.

8 Likes

I like to live dangerously

6 Likes

This would be one of those times that I prefer to live vicariously. :rofl:

6 Likes

Wow! Just, wow! That is the biggest collection I’ve seen so far!

3 Likes

I really enjoy the DIY, my favorite plastic yoyo at the moment by a large margin

7 Likes

I second that for the DIY… it is by far my favorite plastic yoyo… Highly recommend…

4 Likes

:laughing:
I see what you did there! I’m glad I’m not the only one.

I may be the only one at my age group in these forums though, which is kind of embarrassing to admit but I’m turning 44 years old in a couple of weeks and I’m obsessed with yoyo’s. lol. I have seen Dazzling Dave on YT, so that made me feel a bit better. I just embrace what I enjoy as we all should, no matter our age. I do wish I would have found this a bit earlier in life but better late than never.

I’m into what I’m into, I like what I like… I’m also really into Rubik’s Cubes, guitars and woodworking (mainly wood turning) I have a bunch of lathes, including a small metal lathe. I may try my hand at turnings some YoYo’s someday. I know I won’t get the precision you’d get from a cnc machine but it would be a lot of fun.

5 Likes

Well let me ease your worries and introduce you to the boomer YoYo club. We all grew up around a yoyo boom and are mildly obsessed with them.

5 Likes

A lot of acronyms I’m not familiar with. DIY to me is obviously do it yourself but what are you all referring to in relation to yoyo’s?

Is there a page on relevant acronyms? I’ll be honest, I haven’t explored the forums too much yet. Each forum has some subtle differences that takes time to get used to learning how to navigate.

1 Like

By DIY in this context they are referring to this one…

4 Likes

I really like the look of that white one. What strings are those in the pictures?

1 Like