What did you get in the mail, 2024?

Much appreciated, Joe!

Please keep us posted on Charlie’s progress.

Yeah, after I took a hammer to one of the cheap dollar store yoyo, I figured out why they wouldn’t sleep, the string was infused into the weird plastic axle, if ya can call it that (ya get what ya pay for). I still haven’t given up on my daughter, I bought her the Fizz and some other good starter yo-yo’s. I’m not going to push it but I figure they are there if it ever sparks her interest. I think if I can get good enough, she’ll eventually want to start throwing.

I think they kind of fit in the “fidget” category, and yo-yo’s are by far the best fidgeters out there, they’re perfect for getting my nervous energy out or getting my mind of off things. It’s like therapy.

4 Likes

Somewhat a One Drop day. A metal SpinGadget and some side effects, Micro caps and brass Dietz. Thinnest Cerakote finish I’ve seen.

23 Likes

The Assassin is still available on @hobbygod’s site. The Oasis I think is out of stock, but definitely worth tracking down at some point. I think it was the first run, so maybe there will be another drop someday.

I have the Emotion, too, and I would definitely add DD to your list of favorite companies. He produces fantastic stuff.

6 Likes

I got an Assassin on the way. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I thought they would have been bigger lmao

21 Likes

Yoshicuda X. Snagged it on sale for $57. So far it’s great for the price.

24 Likes

Spingear Metal Spingadget

28 Likes

that looks so good with the caps on

5 Likes

w/ flat caps and Layer Infinity weight rings.

30 Likes

Best idea ever.

18 Likes

Good deal and thanks. I ordered the Emotion from yoyoexpert about an hour after my morning post. I’m looking forward playing with it, looks like it’s right up my wheelhouse. I’m liking the wider rims lately, feels really good in my hand. I’m 6’5 and have huge hands so the Monarch fits perfectly and just feels good.

4 Likes

Worth a look:

4 Likes

Got the last of the five Unknown SF BD designs with this halfswap trade. And now have all of them with three solids and one blind eye designs halfswap.
Also got this ting #16 :wink: :handshake::heart_hands:

26 Likes

Weeeerrrrrrrrrrr Ka-THUNK :peanuts::dizzy_face::crutch:

2 Likes

I think the Monarch and Emotion are similar designs, just different materials. Regardless, the Emotion is on point.

5 Likes

Alliance is crazy good, Damian Puckett dont miss

4 Likes

Ughhhhhhh, you guy are killing me! I like the look of that one, it’s on my wish list now, thanks!

On the other hand this is the Emotion I ordered today.

11 Likes

Emotion is one of my all-time favorite monometal designs.

6 Likes

That’s actually good to hear because I was thinking of buying two Monarchs. I’m weird like that, when I get something I really, really like, I usually buy two, sometimes three. Why? Because two is better than one of course and three is better than two! lol. I’m a weirdo, I know but somehow I have a feeling I’ve come across my kind here in the forums.

The resale value never enters my mind and if anything, I would rather end up trading, or if I’m in a really good mood, just give them away. I’ve already given two away to some kids in the neighborhood. I’m trying to spread the joy of the throw.

6 Likes

Getting me excited about this, my man. I may end up getting two, we’ll see. From what I can tell, he prices them at a very fair price.

Curios, with these smaller brands like this, do we know who does the manufacturing? Or are most outsourced to China? I’ve noticed that with the bigger names in the biz, they are usually outsourced. That doesn’t bother me at all, honestly, it’s all about the design. As long as you can get a reputable source to cnc those designs, who cares where it comes from. Actually are any of these yoyo’s machined in the US?

I would love to see how they get made, any good videos on this? I saw a quick video but I’d like to see a more in depth video showing how it’s done. I love seeing how things are made, pipes, knifes, they all have some amazing artisans. Pipe makers are a bit more niche but some of the top dogs in the industry can sell one pipe for 2k easily. Some go up in the tens of thousands, with the most expensive one that I’ve seen made by a single pipe maker go for $50,000.00! But it’s not easy money and most pipe makers can’t even afford to buy one of their own pipes.

Sorry, I tend to just keep typing sometimes. (Stay on subject)

2 Likes