What did you get in the mail, 2024?

Damian Pucket Hollow, amazing performance yoyo in a beautiful color. 66% of the weight is packed onto the rims. Damian is one of my favorite yoyo designers and if you get a chance to try his throws, jump on them. Came in a while ago, but my light box was down.

G2 Wraith. Another absolutely incredible performance yoyo. 65% of the weight is packed onto the rims. Very spoiled with these two recent purchases.

Around Square knife, not a knife guy just really wanted this. Fully ti frame lock, crazy smooth action and smol.

31 Likes

Pretty. Yo-yos are nice also.

5 Likes

April Fool’s Release from C3yoyodesign…

When I saw it it got me crackin’ so hard I had to get it :grin:

33 Likes

Got this just in time for MRM to end :smiling_face_with_tear:

Older mail days:

TGP Ti Dots and ZGRT Ristretto w/ green jungle grip

Blank canvas accessories - Rover sling bag
YoYo patches from NerdDadEDC

24 Likes

Looks dope but I don’t understand what they’re trying to say lol

3 Likes

Yeah, it does and it also has a very nostalgic vibe when throwing it. It is evenly balanced. It almost feels like some older Yoyojam throws. It also has a somewhat ‘weird’ spin. Oftentimes it seems it would die out on me but when binding it it smacks back way harder as I expected. As for what they are trying to say…I think they’re making light of the recent DNA craze and that so many yoyoer/influencer/brands focusing so much on ‘Fingerspin and DNA Capability’ and spreading (marketing) Yoyoing that way. They’re even a little bit playing a joke on themselves since they did so as well in the past. (At least that’s what I’m getting out of their write up to this throw.) That being said it also serves as a little April Fool’s joke. Here’s said write up from their product page:

"After the Fingerspin trick became popular, C3yoyodesign released many yoyos specifically designed for playing Fingerspin tricks. They also popularized the DNA trick, which can be considered the modern version of “Walk the dog.” It’s quite funny that this time we played a joke on ourselves by saying We won’t release a yoyo for Fingerspin (at least we laughed when we came up with this plan).

The concept behind “This YOYO can’t do FINGERSPIN, but you can do the DNA if you can, aka SPEEDDHOLIC XF” is to encourage everyone to focus on different tricks. Besides the DNA trick, there are many other yoyo tricks to enjoy. However, one thing is certain: in ten years, everyone who joins the yoyo community will know how to do the DNA trick, and they might even become future world champions.

We hope you like our idea this time. Happy April Fools’ Day!!!"

6 Likes

CHAR!!!

So good :saluting_face:

1 Like

The text on the cap is still a riddle to me

4 Likes

You just need a hat to do the dna on that puppy.
Clever.

1 Like

With the caps there is no place for a finger to spin off of but as video shows you can do a dna. That’s what the cap is saying

9 Likes

Very nice, that got to you fast. Are you in Germany? Mine just left Tokyo yesterday. Thanks for overview :hugs:

1 Like

Yes, I’m in Germany. With shipments from Japan I usually choose FedEx Priority. The price for that is a bit high (but only ten bucks more than the other options usually) and it’s convenient. FedEx also is just ridiculously fast. I always have had top notch service from them. I can also pay the costums fees beforehand online which means I don’t have to pay DHL a fee for paying the fees for me in the meantime so in the end it almost evens out choosing Priority Shipping.
I hope you’ll get yours fast. This throw indeed is a very interesting and fun experience.

2 Likes

From when I was a kid…
ancient greek toy yo-yo

23 Likes

Had a great mailday, thank you @Culex

I am tagging @the_general for his beautiful craftsmanship, and @SR1 and @JSERR for their mutual love of Ernie’s work

22 Likes

Received my prizes from FAF week 3!

G Squared Respawn lite

String pack from Zipline strings with a nice personalised letter from the Zipline family

Thanks again to the organisers and sponsors of FAF!

28 Likes

That’s a Duncan imperial. True story.

6 Likes

awesome!! the respawn lite is my favorite responsive yoyo! hope you enjoy it =]

3 Likes

I thought is was an original Pedro Flores… Good eye!

3 Likes

Another note on this Respawn; This color can only be won/gifted, not bought from G2, I believe.

6 Likes

Great memories! Thanks for posting

4 Likes