What did you get in the mail, 2024?

Love the Qi! Very underrated throw…

3 Likes

And one for me. A fantastic trade to a well deserving kahuna. Thanks @Capriquarius !!

23 Likes

That is such a beastly-looking yoyo in profile! When I first got it, I was trying really hard to land my finger in the exact middle spot to do a fingerspin trick. As with the Hummingbird, it seems like it should be possible, but no matter how much I tried I could never do it. But now I’m testing my new technique where I land it at an angle on my middle finger, then slip my index finger into the center while it’s spinning around my middle finger. This new way of doing it has been a big improvement, and I’ve finally been able to fingerspin the Qi! That may not sound like a big accomplishment to some, but I’ve been trying to do that ever since it was released so it’s a big deal to me :grinning:

4 Likes

31 Likes

Can I convince you sir on the Oasis :hugs: :desert:

1 Like

You are obviously a wizard because it’s working. My only hope is when I break and say okay they will be sold out :grin:

2 Likes

Been using YYSL since the company came into existence but wanted some white string instead of my usual orange and wanted to see what the Zipline hype was all about. Looking forward to trying out all the difference types. Really enjoying the Executive Class Lite so far.

23 Likes

Zipline is tops. Best string company in the game imo

10 Likes

Agreed with @Yodaddyo. I regularly restock with some spares in case I get some new throws worth of Zipline.

3 Likes

The yo-yos finally arrived after their unexpected trip to CO. The axolotl is a belated birthday gift for a 7yo. The Panorama is for me.

24 Likes

( D3IA ) Dressel Designs Does It Again.
I missed the drop for the Oasis.
Patric was gracious to sell me a B grade Oasis.

Patric said it was a B grade due to vibe…?
If you missed this drop like I did… ask for a B grade from Patric. This is a B grade I can not feel the vibe.

Just FYI what Patric considers a B grade most other people would not be able to tell the difference production run and Patric B grades. In my humble opinion.

20 Likes

Proto Avant Garde w/ Kitty XL fresh from Japan

21 Likes

Well done to figure it out, to finger spin the Qi you need a bit of experience with it (I used it for a whole year and a half as my basically unique daily yoyo so I did had sooo many hours with it), the trick is really to get the finger in the dead centre so it require a bit of muscle memory to do it but nothing impossible, if you have a bit of fingernail it helps a lot as it slide better and help to stay centered, there are easier yoyo for fingerspin for sure!
About the profile I agree, I loved it from the first throw when I get it, well balanced and great for tech playing, is mid/under size as well which is great if you do not have big hands or if your combos are very busy on the string, I always loved the feeling while playing with it, it has a great power in a decent size, still nowadays is one of my main yoyos, never get tired to play with it.

5 Likes

Hello from Tokyo.
Went to see the local shop today :smile:

• viper remix remade classic 4A for the ones that remember
  • Sakura streams for my daughter
  • YYF Avantgarde 3 proto

27 Likes

Motif and Method from @Albertino

and Aggressor from yye

28 Likes

Nothing crazy but got this little guy in the mail yesterday. Thank you @Slestak75

Also this guy was trying its hardest to not make it. A hole in both envelops and the plastic bag it was in.

19 Likes

Awesome mail day from @GnarlyCharlie! My share of a YoYoManiax group buy. First thing I did was change to the delrin spacers in the hornets only to then realize they shipped with delrin spacers :sweat_smile:

27 Likes

Glad they made it ok. I think maybe I’ll use a padded Postal envelope for this sort of thing in the future. Just much less chance of mishap.

3 Likes

It made it safe though. Thank you. I think
My mail man is just not kind with my mail.

2 Likes

6 Likes