What did you get in the mail, 2024?

Thanks to @Tightwheel9 for hooking me up with this CoreCo Alleycat 650b. And to the peeps who bought my 3-pack cases recently and funded buying the 2 A-bearing yo-yos I’ve wanted for a bit and miraculously came up for sale when I had the funds!

I really like this one. I have it set up with the Lathed Back titanium A-bearing blank. Yes it fit! - the bearing posts are low enough and I swapped the stock 10mm axle for an 8mm one. Love how this is playing with thin string. Still considering swapping the pads for flowable silicon though.

For those interested, I’m thinking that I may put together a write up soon about all my metal fixies (as I jokingly call my “post-modern fixed-axles” :face_with_monocle:) - how I set each one up and my thoughts on how they play and how various design elements effect fixie play.

25 Likes

Got the CLYW Kodiak monometal in the mail today, along with some Nytro string from YYSL. It plays great but is very intolerant of mistakes.

18 Likes

Haha yep! But I’m definitely gonna get when and if it drops. I’m in love with all of these🥰

1 Like

I’d love to read a write up on your post modern fixed axles

2 Likes

22 Likes

Better late than never, to finally get my hands on this Midnight Cabal 2 that was from One Drops surprise drop in early June. Loving the all black and play just like everyone else does.

The next day, One Drop unveiled the new 54 Gen 2. Had to cop the 54 too, considering it as the modern predecessor to my One Drop Code1 from 2011. Bapes :blue_heart::green_heart:

23 Likes

what yoyo ist this in de middle?:heart_hands:

Looks like a yoyorec dazzler

1 Like

yoyorecreation dazzler!

1 Like

Nice little mail day!

38 Likes

Glad you had a chance to grab a final frontier cenote! They went quick!

3 Likes

What’s the one on the left @Bobparty ?

1 Like

Looks like the Canopy AL

3 Likes

Literally got this in the mail 5 minutes ago :fire:

First impressions:
“SMOOOOOOTH”
“DAMN THIS THING IS NIMBLE”

This is my first atmos projects throw, and I am NOT disappointed. :clap:t3: @rnsy

31 Likes

That Cenote came fast! Mine is due Friday.

3 Likes

Coffin edition Hypernova

31 Likes

How do you like it? Mine is taking so long to arrive

I love seeing how everyone else’s throw came in. The colorway with the art and the theme makes this such an aesthetically pleasing throw for me.

1 Like

I like it a lot! Its billed as “retro” but I think it holds up great. The 4.2mm gap may be narrow by current standards, but the power and stability are impressive. Finishing is very nice too.

3 Likes

I think they’re just calling it a retro because it’s a rerelease of the 2011 Supernova. Like when Nike redoes a Jordan colourway.

3 Likes