What did you get in the mail, 2024?

That a creepy looking Superman. :flushed:

2 Likes

“You throw here often?”

3 Likes

Think Butt Head…. Hey Baby!!

Yozean seems to be cycling through almost everything they sell to list as deeply-discounted “super deals,” so I went for an anodized TiDehunter and a Gush when they came up. (No buy July is absolutely over for me, although I’m still sticking to One July.)

The anodized TiDehunter has a blasted finish, which, as others have mentioned about theirs, isn’t totally consistent (you can see how one half looks lighter and less reflective in the picture. That’s a result of the inconsistent blast.) The comparison picture I posted isn’t a perfect preview of the finish you’re paying extra for, because I’ve already used a dremel and micro mesh to partially smooth down the surface of the raw TiDehunter I’m using for One July.

The Gush (6061 monometal) seems really nice, with decent weight on the rim. I like this wide yoyo trend.

I really like the simple boat anchor engraving they’ve moved to much better than the giant graphic engravings on the Destroyer and Divemaster. (Squid Tinker is a weird yoyo anyway, so they can do what they want.)

I must say that Yozean’s pricing seems to be all over the place. With the discount, the Gush was $15 after tax and shipping (listed at $25 on Yozean’s website). I think I got the 7075 bimetal Destroyer for less than $30 (listed at $36 on the website) after tax and shipping when it was introduced.

So I’m having a hard time figuring out why Ravage, which looks like a 6061 bimetal version of the Gush, is listed at over $70? (Wait… Okay, it seems like the outer rim, which isn’t really protecting the steel midship weight, is machined POM. I liked the Miracle, but this is one trend that I don’t get.)

That said, I’m absolutely going to grab an Anchor Smash (6061 with a strong H shape) whenever the super deal comes around.

16 Likes

Pretty cool mail day today. Got a couple sets of Core Co pads from @Xanadu and a new whittling knife. Thanks man!

19 Likes

Got these in from @Nic_from_Adelaide / @Slestak75!

Checkout the BST post.

20 Likes

Workhorse V2 Prototype - Yo-Yo Boomer Club powered by G2

In my yo-yo journey, I’ve learned an embarrassingly few number of tricks, while logging enough forum hours to question if I should find better use of my time.

I’ve accumulated a stack of YYE forum badges. Initiated a few popular YYE topics, steadfast in my shared thoughts with hardly a posting regret.

I’ve missed and secured yo-yos on release dates. Bought and sold throws on BST. Built a collection while never jeopardizing my financial stability.

Rediscovering a hobby that I can enjoy, playing purely for my own personal satisfaction, probably as long as I remain upright. Along the way, meeting some very welcoming yo-yo people!

With this acquisition, I’m declaring my modest collection … complete.

39 Likes

… for now :wink:

15 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

Oh dear, I got a mail day during ONE July. The temptation is strong with this one, lol. I put it on the shelf though.

28 Likes

Wow! That was pretty fast!

Dang! You got the Block Head!

4 Likes

I had suggested he make them :slight_smile: Mine even has an “R” and a “K” on it!

4 Likes

Plastic 000 and Stelvia X-SP

Now the collection is complete!

23 Likes

I love whittling and whittling/carving knives! I made my own with a Swedish blade i found at a Rockler store. Idk if you have Rockler in your state, but it is THE best place for woodworking needs.

1 Like

I think I have a new favorite throw. I mean, i already knew it was gonna be good, but damn…

20 Likes

Sorry bro. I think these were special order. :rofl::rofl:

26 Likes

For now. I would expect jeff will make more as time goes on

2 Likes

I love Rockler. I only recently discovered it when getting into lathe stuff. I wish it wasn’t an hour drive away from me though. They are few and far between in my neck of the woods. I did see last time I was there they had a whole woodcarving section.

2 Likes

Yea i grew up in the furniture refinishing business and im like a kid in a candy store in there haha