Amazing Opportunity (counterweights are here)

Good day yo-yo people. This is a BST I’m starting in order to build some hype for a package I’m expecting from Adelaide Australia. Our good friend Nic has sent me a rather sizable fortune in hand-sculpted artisan goodness. Perhaps some of you have seen Nic’s work and wondered how you might acquire some of the peculiar goodness. Well… I wondered this same thing. So we started talking and I said…. I like that… oh I like that too…and that, and that, and…. :rofl: Well… I have a fair amount of goodies heading this way. Among them are some developmental pieces wherein Nic was trying some new things, simply because I asked mind you, and while he felt his efforts were not exactly where he wanted them, I encouraged him to send them along as well. These are all counterweights, Begleri, and the experiment… dual purpose, functional as counterweights or Begleri. When these will arrive as well as how I’ll set this up is uncertain at present, but I wanted to let people know that this is coming. Nic is quite the artisan and makes some very unique and interesting designs. During the wait period, I encourage you to search Nic_From_Adelaide and see some of his amazing work. Hope there is interest and updates will follow. But here are a few pics to stir your imagination. :smiley::+1:
And a link to some more. :smiley:

16 Likes

This is for avoiding bumps.

@Slestak75 and @Nic_from_Adelaide. A powerhouse wombo-combo!

3 Likes

Awesome! I love these! I want to get one of his fixies one day! He makes instruments too! Man of many talents!!!

Sorry for yelling so early in the morning :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

A sneaky peek at what’s coming your way :eyes:

7 Likes

In for a Set!!!

3 Likes

Alright folks. The shipment is in. I will have this updated tomorrow. Please bear with me as I have difficulty keeping track of things when it gets hectic and I want to make sure that I’m taking your requests in the order they come in. I’m not sure how easy that’ll be with DM’s coming in close together. I will do my best. So keep an eye out tomorrow. That is all!!

5 Likes

I think I get first choice. After you I guess. So I get second choice.

I could be wrong…

2 Likes

Alrighty folks. Here goes. First up some Begleri. All of these items are made of PVC Clay that’s sculpted to shape. These are prototypes as well. They feel a bit softer and don’t rings as hard as most when colliding with the yo-yo. I’ve done several Butterfly collisions with one of mine and it’s held up fine so far. So here we go. All orders will have a single $5 charge added on for shipping. These Begleri come with hand woven string as well. Nic has done very nice work. These will be $20 each

5 Likes

Next up: Gobblers. $12 each

4 Likes

Next up $8 counterweights

3 Likes

And lastly: these Beaded Counterweights at $12 each.

5 Likes

Here’s some extra details incase anyone asked. Thanks for looking :grin:

The hole-through weights in D and F and the Gobblers in B have tapered holes which hold the knot securely, no need for a bead or to string them up like a Duncan dice. CWs are in the 7-10g range, Gobblers 11g+

The begleri cord has a nub woven on one end making the cord interchangeable. Hole diameter for the begleri is roughly 6.5mm

4 Likes

Bump. Hope I get a first bump badge :grin:

3 Likes

Was that the right badge?? :rofl:

1 Like

Bump

Bump

Mine arrived today! They’re amazing!

3 Likes

I got to wait till I have some funds but I’ll need to get some of these

4 Likes

Bumpin up on a Saturday.