What did you get in the mail, 2024?

to be fair, i tend to like more of a tug response than a super snappy response which may be important here. i would recommend cleaning the response pads if you’ve had to use a lot of lube. reliability in the response is more important to me than snappiness tbh. i also run them with clear flowable rather than the pads, much softer and grippier. i havent had to lube any of my respawns in AGES and they’re still reliable for me

5 Likes

That’s what I figured :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I already mentioned to a friend that I was thinking about taking a file to it so I could get a narrower bearing in there.

Was the one you sent me from fast eddy’s for the workhorse 4mm or 3mm? Whatever it was, I put it in with a 0.1mm shim on each side and it’s playing almost perfect. Still has a slight hesitation on the tug, but nothing I can’t adjust to.

‘preciate the help, everyone!!!

3 Likes

I got an amazing thing in the mail from @Snack!!!
ヽ(^◇^*)/ sebastian brock OG peak 0_0
it like i get a new peak in the mail every week !!!
i am so very lucky to do business with mr walter since really he is so kind.

please enjoy these image of the peak. i have confidence in that nobody takes better photo than me on earth of yoyos like this! this is why I collect them!

i seriously can’t believe i own my favorite peak now! my image almost look as good as the yoyo do!

please enjoy my excitement with me through these image

thank you for reading

╰(◡‿◡✿╰)

47 Likes

It was a 4mm. And even with those shims it’ll play fantastic with a bit of lube. I couldn’t get it to respond reliably with a completely dry bearing, even the 4mm. But a touch of lube and it really comes to life.

2 Likes

Very nice pictures. It’s always nice to get something you have wanted for a long time. Congratulations. :grin:

1 Like

Eleanor

Beautiful grain on this and the response is perfect, didn’t feel like it needed breaking in at all.

Thanks @edhaponik

25 Likes

Magic V8 in stunning orange/purple, just in time to kick off summer!

19 Likes

Ed Davidson2024-92 Padauk It plays really

smooth, so far!

34 Likes

What I really want to see is what’s in that case in the background! That looks like quite the wood collection.

2 Likes

Wow that one’s a beaut. What’s the weight?

1 Like

I had to weigh it. 59g.

1 Like

On Earth?

Very Nice photos.

@YotoyImages

3 Likes

studio photography to candid photography
is like baking to chefing
ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ
one is science same ingredients and backdrops and studio lights over and over to get consistent result fine-tuned result every time (baking)

other is on the fly and working with what little ingredient you have in the moment and creating something tasty with environment (chefing)

incomparable but both high skill ceiling and hard to master in own ways. both take place in kitchen (camera) however, but require complete different skill and type of brain/person to excel at

source: I buy my first house from 15,000+ studio product images for over 50 e-commerce website at beginning of my career. few thousand hour sitting in room with studio lights/flashes with camera on tripod and various backdrops/reflective surface. i not math brain enough to enjoy this kind of photo work anymore!

8 Likes

Just placed my first order with Zipline Strings. I wanted to try out there Micro String Line. It was exactly what I was looking for. Perfect for the Big Deal, Mini Panzer, Mighty Flea etc… Basically any micro yoyos. They are long also so you can cut to the perfect length. And I got some of the Darkroom Edition Neon Lights. Very happy with these and they glow under a black light.

And to top it all off they wrote a handwritten note thanking me for my first order. Im definitely going to be placing another order and trying out some other strings. Would highly recommend them if your looking for some boutique string.

17 Likes

Got these babies in today!

Shout out to @fradiger for the sweet deal on the Akita!

25 Likes

Anyone notice their Brain Lube starting to separate? I noticed it wasn’t working as well on the Thing and looked closely and there were some solids at the bottom and it seemed kind of thinner at the top.

2 Likes

If you’re unlucky enough to notice your brain lube is separating then I have a suggestion that can help you out.

First of all, don’t sleep in the same position every night

Sleep on your right side on Monday sleep on your left side on Tuesday. Sleep on your back on Wednesday.

Sleep on your left side on Thursday. Sleep on your right side on Friday. Sleep on your back on Saturday.

And on Sunday, sleep standing on your head.

Starting the week off… On Monday, stand up after you get up in the morning and jump up and down for five minutes.

Then take a very warm shower, focusing the water on your head. This will reform and reconstitute the structural integrity and formation of the brain, lube molecules, and you’ll be good to go.

If any of the brain lube starts leaking out of your ears, then you probably followed my directions too closely.

:nerd_face:

14 Likes

Mine is very clumpy… and at least 15 years old. It’s been working OK, but I don’t have anything else on hand to compare.

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

That’s what it looks like in the bottom of the one I have, then the top half is clear. If you turn it over, the air bubble goes slow through the cloudy part and fast through the clear. These forever chemicals don’t seem to stick together forever. :slight_smile:

2 Likes