What did you get in the mail, 2024?

Gitd??? Hmmmmm….

On another site they are listed as 2017 and 2021.

There is a post on their IG page dated February 10, 2021 announcing the new version of the iceberg:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLG5d15BeYs/?igsh=MWh4MHlqbzI4Nm9ycQ==

1 Like

You can never have too many 888’s… I have a weakness for the classic styling

(Also this is from the National YoYo Day sale I just remembered to post it now :sweat_smile:)

26 Likes

I don’t know what I’m waiting on!!! Nice pickup!

1 Like

I need that silver one

1 Like

???

Awesome, thank you all. 2021 makes sense!

1 Like

Yes as in shall I buy one.

3 Likes

Ngl I love 888, always dreamed one when I was younger, I have one from the latest release from YYF and I play it all the time, still a capable yoyo and I love the weight!

4 Likes

From a recent mail day.

I didn’t even know they made purple tigersharks, I was expecting the renegade - the tigershark was an extra surprise.

28 Likes

i wish more new players would be exposed to these oldschool gems. they are kinda spoiled with the modern choices out there now.

4 Likes

Had to cop another anima. Sold the last one and missed it ever since. Wanted a clear but this raw is so clean.

26 Likes

Today I received my pouch from Bear & Fox Armoury and yes @Xanadu it was a great mail day :grin: Thank you very much :pray:t4:

I couldn’t be happier with this pouch and finally having it in my hands and filled with throws it’s even better than I had hoped for.

Very nice overall build quality and professionally crafted patch with a - in my opinion - really eyecatching minimalistic brand logo.

It really gives off vibes like Xanadu described it…

What I like the most though is that for what I need/want in a Yoyo pouch it has the perfect size and storage option for all sorts of differently spec’d throws (except for 4A I guess). Also the padding is great. It’s thick and stiff enough to protect your throws during drops & rubs while simultaneously being soft and squezzy enough to retain the cases ‘pencil case’ feel.

Also I found for me having a trip or a day out three throws, room for some strings and a tool are all I need and with this pouch I have it in the most compact way.
And even when I stay at home it makes for a classy skill toy pouch on the living room table :upside_down_face:

Thank you very much Xanadu for making these available and sharing your craftsmanship. All the best for your endeavors with Bear & Fox Armoury and everything else.

Good Yo!

30 Likes

Great now I want one.

5 Likes

Yayyyyy! So glad it arrived safely @Thruwell! Thanks so much for your detailed feedback and I’m thrilled that you love it! It feels great to see these out in the wild and to have shared my personal case design with fellow throwers. :hugs:

1 Like

Yeah I kinda wanted one before but this makes me really want one.

Great work @Xanadu! This looks incredible!

4 Likes

Respawn lite

I can’t believe it took me so long to get one of these. It plays really, really well. I am having a hard time getting the response dialed in exactly how I like it, though.

Hey @Slestak75, don’t you have a respawn? What’d you do to yours to get it playing like you like?

Edit: if anyone has a different color respawn LITE, and they just happen to love this one, I’d be down to trade. I’ve never even played halo lol

30 Likes

Not @Slestak75 but i love the respawn lite with 1-2 drops of thick lube, perfect response for me.

3 Likes

Hmmm. I’ve tried brain lube. A lot, at this point. Haha.

Maybe I need to clean the bearing and start over?

It’s got, like, a hesitancy to respond. I have to tug pretty hard, or, at least, harder than I would like, to get it to respond. I’m having a hard time describing exactly what I mean.

1 Like

You know me… I put a 4mm D bearing in mine. It took a small amount of filing on the posts to get it to squeeze down on the bearing, but not too much. It still takes a small amount of lube but the response is so nice, and I can still Brain Twister and Matrix pretty fast without it snagging.

19 Likes