What did you get in the mail, 2024?

I never knew the earth was flat. Who would have thought?

I didn’t realize this came unresponsive out of the box, but I was really enjoying the slimline play and decided I’d keep it that way for now. However, my bad luck with new throws has continued to be weird, and this had significant vibe. I decided to throw a flat bearing into it and flip/reseat the axle. Boom, vibe fixed, and this thing is SNAPPY. I tried a couple shoot the moons, and it felt great. I may be keeping this one responsive… I’d like to see a clear/nickel version for the pocket.

27 Likes

Mine was responsive out of the box, but the response seems to be all over the place. I am inexperienced so it may just be me, or perhaps I need to fiddle in it’s guts.

4 Likes

I saw another post saying theirs was unresponsive as well, so it may be hit or miss.

Have you looked at the bearing? Mine was a concave A bearing and I’m guessing yours is too, but maybe it’s got some resistance from lube or something, hence the picky response. I say fiddle with the guts and throw a little lube/grease in the bearing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

Double looping the string might help improve the response consistency.

4 Likes

Yeah, such is life… The play on this Plasma Crash is making up for it though.

I appreciate that, I’m on a C3 kick right now, all of their throws, whether budget friendly or a little more on the expensive side, have all been stellar! I just ordered another C3, the Galaxy Diver… I’m hoping they can just throw the replacement in for the damaged one in that order but either way, everyone in the yoyo community has been amazing, be it on the biz or the hobbyist side, so I have no concerns, I know they will make it right. :grinning: I just hate waiting around on the day the Fed Ex guy is scheduled to arrive, they give you a 12 hour time frame and I know if I leave for even just a few minutes to run an errand, that is when he’ll come and leave the dreaded paper on my door, haha. But, at the same time, I like that they do insure the package and get the signature confirmation because I’m sure we’ve all had something we are eagerly awaiting get lost in the 4th dimension, that drives me nuts!

3 Likes

That is good looking and glad you got it running well. And duh, of course the earth is flat :grin:

3 Likes

Good choice. Pretty unique play feel, especially within C3’s lineup.

2 Likes

It’s difficult to go wrong with C3, I’m not sure it’s even possible. And the Diver series is great.

2 Likes

Sorry that happened to you! I’m sure YYF will take care of it.

2 Likes

I flipped the axle on the Cabal Gen2 as well. Now it’s smooth!

3 Likes

How could that damage happen? Wouldn’t the bearing seats on the two-halves lock the axle in-place? Even if the two halves were sheared with great force, I would expect damage to the bearing seat and possibly the bearing if the axle is this bent.

I am genuinely curious -perhaps there is damage I do not see?

2 Likes

Must have not been screwed down and the halves came apart?

3 Likes

39 Likes

First order finally arrived from YYF’s Amayzing deals - Why is this yoyo not sold out yet? I find it to be quite a laid back throw. And while there’s a hefty presense on the string, it doesn’t leave you with finger fatigue. I wish I could say the f word here, as every hop and land on the string feels predictable :wink:

It’s probably one of the nicest yoyo’s in my collection to date :+1:

21 Likes

Agree with you and that green is really nice, looks like it has a bit of blue. May be my favorite of the YYF/JDS mono’s I’ve played. :hugs:

2 Likes

So when I pulled the yoyo out of the packaging, the two halves of it were almost completely separated, there were maybe two or three threads still screwed into the other half. Whatever package was thrown on top of it must have hit it just right so the axle had just enough leverage to bend the axle seat that it was in. There was a hole in the outer box where you could see that something obviously heavy came down with brute force and the yoyo packaging was crumbled. So I believe that the vibrations from the trip over time must have loosened the axle or they weren’t tightened that well to begin with?

Yup, I just saw your response after I wrote the above.

4 Likes

I double looped it and it did not improve. Then I unscrewed it, put a tiny bit of lube on the bearing and single looped it and there appeared to be no change. I probably need to keep trying so as to distribute the lube, but my patience is wearing thin. When it first arrived, I was tempted to acquire another, now, not so much. I wish I had a yoyo mentor nearby.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of Flat A bearings that will work better. I’m assuming yours is also concave, like mine was, so double looping won’t help as much.

I can send you a couple flat As to try if you’d like! Let me know! I’d be happy to help!

If two loops didn’t help, you could try more. I have 3 loops on my 5ive and 4 loops on my Deep State. (I’m doing this because I am just stubborn about greasing bearings - see below.)

Thicker string could also help.

A heavy lube is a common method of adding responsiveness, and I have had luck with it. It takes quite a lot.

It looks like these Flat Earths ship with concave bearings. Concaves are often a solution for making semi responsive less responsive. A flat bearing would work better for your case.

1 Like