What did you get in the mail, 2023

yoyofriends Pheasant

29 Likes

How does it play/feel? I was interested in it cause it looks cool and seems a cool shape!

2 Likes

First impression is that someone who likes the look and the play of the ReCognition will like the Pheasant (assuming they also like the Pheasant shape).

I really like the power/stability/weight of the ReCognition. The Pheasant captures all that for me with less actual weight (I feel the same way about the Emotion).

8 Likes

Thanks for your words, I do really love the Recognition (get attracted by the look and than the playing) and it is one of my main throw when I am in the process of create combos.

Interesting to hear as I thought the Pheasant seem a bit more heavy (I did not read the specs but just from the look), I like those rims, I am thinking about it even if is not a lot of money (for the monometal)

2 Likes

The colors on this are amazing!

1 Like

Great mail day today. Got my repaired Gnomad and my Fixed axle Feb raffle prize, Bloodwood fixie. @Eric_Newlin put a 5/16 inch hickory axle in the Gnomad to replace the 1/4 inch walut axle I massacred. I dare say it plays even better than before I broke it! The Bloodwood fixie is also super cool, it’s undersized but the dense wood sacrifices no weight at about 54.2 grams. The Gnomad is 50.4 grams. Can’t wait to see what Eric cooks up next…

28 Likes

This is the most clear speckling ive ever seen on a clareview station and its minty goodness :hugs:
S/o the seller for the blessing fr :pray:

33 Likes

32 Likes

These came in yesterday from a bst. Yoyofriends koi, CLYW ditch, and topyo mojo. All play great. Koi is so nice and floaty

29 Likes

That’s a Clareview Station Blizzard.

8 Likes

Super excited I was able to to add an MG Bowl by RSO to the collection. Such a unique and amazing playing throw.

Thank you @YoYoExpert :blush: :+1:

37 Likes

Looking forward to trying this out after work.

31 Likes

Had a pretty unique mail day, received a Duncan Return Top 8 ball YoYo. This is from 1960’s, before 1968 when Duncan was sold to Flambeau. The string looked like it was from that era as well. There was actually another piece of a string under the other. I was able to polish the axle as it was pretty rusted. I’ll throw a new string on it when I get home tonight and see how it does. I only paid 10.00 for it.

30 Likes

How did you clean/polish the axle on that?

2 Likes

The back outer half was separated when I bought it, no cracks just 60 year old glue came apart. I pull the inner section out which exposed the axle. Using Micron paper and Simichrome (metal polish) along with a cordless drill I was able to get it back to a mirror finish.

6 Likes

Received this yesterday. Love the throw so far, and the coating looks amazing, feels chulky as someone said above. Was looking for imperfections, but it is perfectly coated. The Wyvern itself plays very stable, a lot of spin time, shape is nice and comfortable for me, flat rims + project grooves = very very enjoyable!

35 Likes

@Hojo-YoYo

I seen that on the auction site. It went pretty cheap. I was going to grab it but I didn’t like how beat it looked. You cleaned it up nicely. I have the
Bowling ball and tennis ball and the baseball and golf ball. The tennis ball and baseball and basketball are newer but they are still fun to have

22 Likes

Mowl High Wall came in today. Largest diameter yo-yo I’ve ever owned at 61.9mm.

39 Likes

I got a purpleheart fixie in a trade that I believe is a TMBR Irving?

28 Likes

Not an Irving. But still beautiful

Looks like maybe a Hildy bros

27 Likes