What did you get in the mail, 2023

thats a really sick colorway

3 Likes

Went on a two day Wild Yo-Yo Buying Bender. Yesterday @ store (Imperial, Butterfly), Today in mail (Zeekio Slim Jim, ProYo).

I believe at this point with my buy:play ratio, I can now be considered a collector.

29 Likes

@GlowDoug

My first vacuum filler. Writes really really smooooth. I’m happy. Go write your Mom a nice letter. On paper. With ink. Printed by hand with a pen preferably your hand. Then put it in an envelope affix a stamp and MAIL it to someone. Anyone. Anyway nice pen.

23 Likes

Yup. Inky fingers. It’s been a few minutes since I used a fountain pen. But I always loved them.

3 Likes

Pilot 74?

Looks more like an 823 actually

2 Likes

The ink on your finger makes me think that you’re still working on your technique. :smirk: Nice pen!!!

3 Likes

Yes, it’s my first with this type of filling mechanism. I’ll get it.

1 Like

It’s a copy made not in Japan. Also less than 30$US. It comes in clear also, might have to get that.

1 Like

When I was a teenager I used to love the ones that took the cartridges. I made many a heinous mess with them. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

The good ole days for sure!
Ahhh to dip a girls ponytail into a freshly filled ink well!!

1 Like

Thanks Target! First pair of Imperials, stoked on the Glow too.

30 Likes

I have quite a collection of fountain pens. I have my mother’s Shaeffer from the 40s and even a few Shaeffer cartridge pens from the 60s. I used them starting in the 4th grade when we learned cursive. My favorites are below, a TWSBI mini and a full size TWSBI with blue trim along side an unusually good V8 Magicyoyo.

19 Likes

Just got the pair but they make a clear piston filler with titanium hardware for 45$ so that’s next.

11 Likes

Like that blue hardware.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Parker’s are all I ever had. Never had one that you had to fill. I inherited one from my grand dad but it was pretty well ruined. @fos1 thats super cool you still have that one from your mom. Those are all very nice guys. You’re all making me start looking at fountain pens now. :rage::rofl:

1 Like

I’ll pull Mom’s pen out of the china closet and take a pic to upload. After all of these years, it is pretty dull and faded. The material they had back in the 40s wasn’t as robust as modern materials.

Thanks, Jeff

1 Like

I got a yoyo drone launch from @yoyoretro it’s the coolest thing ever. I get I’m a few years late but dang it’s fun. I wish i had another that was bigger and had a longer string.

26 Likes

that looks awesome! I bet you could 3d print a bigger one.

3 Likes

Damn that might be one of the nicest anos I ever saw on a yoyo.

6 Likes