What did you get in the mail, 2023

G2 SL1000 in this epic magenta/orange rim fade. Full size bimetal at 49g with a very competitive shape. Crazy how much performance is packed into a sub 50 gram package. I also think I like this one significantly more than the GBP, it plays more aggressively and feels more stable.

32 Likes

i did, i learned 5a on it lol

2 Likes

Hype engaged :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sooo nmtbs? :crazy_face: :grin:

4 Likes

I don’t want to give a premature impression since I only had a few minutes to throw it so far, but I can already tell that it is unlike anything else that I’ve personally played. Not sure if you shared the specs here yet…it’s probably not clear from my picture that it’s undersized.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the high praise! One of my goal now is to have Peregrine Rev. 2 to be almost or as good as the Gryfalcon.

3 Likes

A couple I’ve been wanting to try out and one I ordered five minutes after learning Turner Return Tops is based in Florida. Circle City Odium, TRT Isthmus and OD Kamuraiju. After throwing them around for an hour or so I think the Isthmus is favorite one so far.

28 Likes

Damn 50gr? How it is the control? Sooo light!

2 Likes

Just received and fresh out of the box…

It’s still cold from delivery. Just waiting for it to get to room temperature. So excited…!

29 Likes

… are you not supposed to throw it cold?

7 Likes

Just received another colourway of the Libero from the boss himself @jeduardo.
This dark purple is so beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: will switch between this one and the silver to film as I said in another topic best monometal of 2023 for me :heart:

27 Likes

Hey Hey.
Well I don’t think anything particularly bad happens to the throw (or oneself for that matter :sweat_smile:) but I found that Yoyos play differently under different temperatures (Winter/Sommer outsides for example), especially the bearing and the response. I guess it’s due to the higher viscosity of the lube inside the bearing when it’s cold and the thermal expansion/shrinkage of metal. Those are very minor aspects but with this throw in particular I wanted a genuine first throwing experience like the throw was intended to play. I might have to add that I‘m generally very much into genuine (first) experiences like nice unboxings for example.

6 Likes

Found these while shopping this morning. What a treat. They had like a Farrakhan Million of 'em in all colors. Duncan does it right.

All Day!

All Night!

31 Likes

Might have to stop at target. In the toy section or in the bins?

4 Likes

Ohh I didn’t realize the glow ones were back in stores. I’ll be on the look out for those. I need a pink butterfly for a half swap too…

7 Likes

In bargain bins as soon as you walk in.

Unknown

6 Likes

C3 Overthinker and YYR Chopsticks Gorilla. Found a sweet deal on these two, in the exact colorways that I wanted them. I feel so lucky!

23 Likes

Last time I went, I saw them in the bins by the door and butteryfly xt in the back by the toys.

3 Likes

Fresh discs.

17 Likes

25 Likes