What did you get in the mail, 2023

So talking about mail days. I messed up. I thought on the recess site I was donating yo-yos to summer camps but I need to check my reading comprehension cause instead i got a yoyo for cheaper than I should have that I honestly don’t need so it’s gonna be passed along to spread the love of yoyo after I do what I was asked and post a bit about how great recess is to repent for my sins. In case it wasn’t made clear recess yo-yos are great yo-yos.

The first base is actually a really nice yoyo to be honest.

23 Likes

I have an normal fh with a small bearing and swapped in a konkave A bearing. I also use thin strings (markmont dragon) and can surprisingly do tricks like pop n fresh without and snags. It plays like an art quail and is a regen monster! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Didn’t realize it was a flat in there! Anyone got another Concave A bearing they wanna sell me? :laughing:

There’s still some in stock!

3 Likes

Yes, however, between the two minis and a couple Wildwoods from that drop, I need to save every yoyo penny I can :joy:. Even if it means second hand bearings!

2 Likes

ya my bank account feels your pain too :sob: I just got a 4th yoyo this month, just grabbed a fh delrin… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The red polycarb looks so good but I can’t!

2 Likes

There are too many drops I can’t keep up. Just watching them go elsewhere hopping eventually they will pop in Bst when I’m ready

6 Likes

Same. On a high note though, I remembered there was an A in my Loonie! It’s like a center track almost. The original one in the FHMini looks to me to be very subtly concave, but not enough to have any discernable effect. With the bearing swapped I rank both Minis equally. Very fun zippy little dudes. Perfect pairing with my chainmail CWs.

4 Likes

i really hope people want to trade for the yyfr throws they don’t want :pray::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Mr K that swap with yweti & overture half’s correct? Does that work? I’m surprised they are compatible man…?
So cool too! I’m hooked

1 Like

Wildwood has upped the game for wooden throws!

6 Likes

I believe they’re all overture halves. I’m pretty sure they’re referring to the color way as the blue and orange match one of the original ywet colors.

1 Like

Wildwood package arrived just now! Leopardwood Crop Circle and purpleheart mini. These both play so well it’s insane! Smooth, balanced, controlled. They stick on stalls, respond when I want, and still have enough power and spin time to split the atom. The 8-hole response is as good as it gets IMO. Can’t wait to see how the purpleheart patinas up with ManGreeze™️.

(Also shiny stickers. I am smitten by the entire package.)

40 Likes

He shoots he scores. 1965 Duncan Major League.

21 Likes

FH Mini, clear small bearing.

I actually picked one of these up at Nats but traded it away in a bundle for one of my grail throws. Missed having it and wanted one in raw initially anyways (the pre release version was blue ano which was… whatever) so picking this up was a no brainer. It’s such a fun little throw and both metal capped yoyos/small bearing yoyos are so awesome feeling to me. Great “change of pace” throw when paired with the Klondike.

29 Likes

Got my first metal duncan throw!

30 Likes

Duncan just killed it with these Mini Freehands.

6 Likes

Does anyone have a strong preference for the d or c bearing Freehand Mini? I’m leaning towards the C as it’ll be easier to replace…

2 Likes

sir, a 2nd Pragma has arrived at the house

i now have a pair of pragmas to keep learning 3a on. :slight_smile:

26 Likes