What did you get in the mail, 2023

They just dropped the other day, the FH mini.

4 Likes

Oh, it’s a mini Freehand…I missed that tiny detail. :+1:

3 Likes

Definitely labeled as Mini, but I don’t know if it’s actually something that feels mini in play. It’s of similar size to a Bape, Sudo, Parlay, End, etc if that’s your jazz.

FH1 - FHmini - Sudo

22 Likes

After a couple long months of no mail days I’m back at it with a few. a-rt inhaler, onedrop reboot, and a Atmos projects cephas

The inhaler is absolutely incredible. I almost got one of these 3-4 times and backed out and I’m so mad I did because I absolutely love this thing. It’s so much fun to throw and it’s hands down my favorite for a chill sesh

The cephas is one of the most unique feeling throws I’ve ever seen. If you’ve ever thrown a Noah or an Abel by them it’s got a similar feel but it is so different it’s crazy. It feels like im playin with a christmas ornament lol but it’s so smooth it’s like im playin with butter. It’s a bit more stable than the Noah I think but it’s a lot more different than o thought it was gonna be. Im not great at describing throws but I thought I’d share.

Oh and this is my second clear reboot I sold the other one a while back and absolutely regretted it. This is my new “bring with me everywhere” throw. Can’t go wrong.

29 Likes

Found this at King Soopers today. Never even thought of looking for a yoyo there but sure enough I found one lol. I thought it was a Butterfly when I got it but it turns out it’s trans axle. But, it also turns out that a C bearing fits right into the seat perfectly and the thing is now a little semi unresponsive RIPPER

This makes me wanna mod it more. It’s wayyy light, I’m sure the caps come off like most Duncan plastics so maybe I can find a good way to add some rim weight. But if I do that it’s not gonna work well with starburst, so then I have to drill a recess for it, and then at that point I’ll just find a way to press aluminum rings on it, and then at that point I’ll gold plate it

29 Likes

Crop Circle - Very nice!

1 Like

I’ve heard someone online saying that they dislodged the rim after dropping it really lightly, I plan on only using this yo-yo indoors, have you dropped it yet?

Also, how does it sound?

1 Like

Funny, I put a half spec C bearing in my Bronco yo-yo yesterday.

Better than the Transaxle, but will keep an eye out on your progress.

1 Like

WATIEOBOO Count, $30 bimetal that I got in exchange for an honest review. It looks good, but so far I can already tell it’s very vibey.

17 Likes

Isn’t this a Butterfly XT? I imagine it had a transaxle instead of bearing to make it cheaper.

2 Likes

These rare and mysterious phenomena appeared in my mailbox, seemingly overnight and without warning…

Out of this world?

YES!

@Eric_Newlin is really stepping up his game with these. Keep killin it man!

Leopardwood crop circle jr. 50g, and redheart crop circle 52 grams.

36 Likes

These look so nice! Nice work @Eric_Newlin!

4 Likes

That redheart :fire:

2 Likes

I have an Eagles one (go birds!) and its like a Butterfly XT with a transaxle so the bearing post is bigger and ball bearings won’t fit around it.

2 Likes

Ohhh I might try a half spec as well to hopefully give it a little better response. It certainly goes from a cheap novelty to a somewhat playable yoyo with a bearing for sure

1 Like

You’re probably right, I was wondering what yoyo it was based off of but couldn’t figure it out because of the transaxle haha. That makes a lot of sense and also why a bearing would fit the seat perfectly

Yours fits a C sized bearing? Best i can do is lay a half spec flat on top and tighten it into a fixed axle situation.

1 Like

Really? I threw a CT in there and it fits perfectly no little space in between for the string to get stuck or anything. Yes sir I’ll take a little video later and show you

Yea the post is too wide for regular bearings on mine. I took a comparison pic. You can see the hole on the right is a bit bigger.

10 Likes

G2 AL7 Banshee 22 Haunted Waters.

27 Likes