What did you get in the mail, 2022?

Great color combo on that MCMO, IMO.

6 Likes

2013 One Drop Benchmark O and an unexpected, but welcome Magic Yo k10 Behemoth courtesy of @bigbs_domain! The Benchmark O has always had a special place in my heart, I actually won a little mini contest with it, put on by some visiting guys from One Drop at the Chicago yoyo club. My first and only win in my yoyoing career, I got a Mantis and the admiration (or jealousy lol) of my yoyo friends:)

24 Likes

Chicago yoyo club?! Im praying thats still a thing when i move out that way in a few months :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Sadly we never got back to regular meetings after all the covid stuff the past couple years:( Fairly recently there was a meetup in chinatown but I was out of town.

2 Likes

I got a box of stocking stuffers😁

Absolutely amazing value.

Game changing learning tool.

If this yo-yo would have been available over 20 years ago, it would have broken the yo-yo popularity cycle. More beginners would have stuck around, because this yo-yo ‘encourages instead of discourages’.

I have no stake in this matter. So my opinion isn’t really meant to be a commercial, lol.

But after messing with yo-yos for the last 20+ years, I have zero hesitation in saying this is the Best beginners learning tool I have ever seen.

Stunning…… as people get them, you will understand I’m not even kidding.

Easily the most important yo-yo of the year.

The higher performance it provides, extends the users’ attention span dramatically because they can spend more time throwing and less time struggling…… rewinding their yo-yo or just trying to get it back to their hand.

The yo-yo spins well, even when deliberately thrown bad.

On straight throws, it spins well but with just the lightest tug, it ‘Snaps back’ …. Hence the name.

Andre has spent years teaching literally hundreds of people to throw yo-yos. He knows very well that people have a certain attention span before their brain ‘tanks’.

Once he cracked the code by coming up with this ‘feature-set’ and field tested it, he was extremely pleased by witnessing the way the yo-yo had such a positive effect on learners enthusiasm.

……If……’if’ you know anybody that might enjoy getting in to throwing(brothers, sisters, friends, nieces/nephews, co-workers, etc.), this is the yo-yo to get them headed in the right direction.

A truly cost effective stocking stuffer, no doubt about it.

Just in time for Christmas or whatever else you do to enjoy the Holidays.

30 Likes

I’m not that hard to please.

Found a minty FAST201 for almost nothing.

Reminds me of the time when I started yoyoing and bought one of these, I got frustrated because of how snaggy it is when there is more than one string wrapping around, then ended up using it for 4A until it breaks.

Only now I can appreciate these yoyos as what it was intended for.
Maybe I’m getting old.

21 Likes

This is the one that i started with. Got it as a gift many years ago and it set me off on this path. 20+ years later and I’m still throwing and loving this hobby.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

6 Likes

So I’m sitting on the couch this morning enjoying my morning cup of coffee and my wife turns to me and says do you want to go to Target and see if they have any pink Butterflys, I nearly chocked. She hasn’t been thrilled about my yoyo collection as it tend to got to the extreme.
As an example I just sold 70 kites and still have 35 left.

So off to Target we go, the first store only had the XT’s so we left and headed to a second Target, my wife was the first to find a Imperial in the 2022 package, I snagged it up. No pinks available but did get a couple more XT’s.

Anyone know if they did a new mold for the Imperials or was it just the Butterflys?

17 Likes

Dang, those are so nice!

I’ve been super into mine lately too. I got tired of dropping and not being able to see my Purple Heart knucklebone so I upgraded to the acrylic for better visibility.

15 Likes

They really are.

1 Like

Super fun mail day today. Been dying to get an OG Wooly Marmot again for years and This one is DEAD smooth. So hyped. :grin::grin:

And really really impressed by the way this Rooc plays that I picked up from the YYE cyber monday sale. Love the white and gold look too
:innocent:

27 Likes

Is it a spinstar with an A bearing instead of transaxle?

1 Like

Yes.

4 Likes

Today was a very merry One Drop Christmas

Top Deck 2022 drop - Purple
Silhouette - Marionberry
Code 1 - Orange Zest
Terrarian - Eye of Cthulu
54 - Black-Red

And just to mix it up

GWAY Geedorah - Rust Orange

39 Likes

Those purple Top Decks really came out beautiful!

6 Likes

Edition: Reflection

26 Likes

It’s becoming my new favorite color

3 Likes

They did! I was dead set on purple until the counter got down to under an hour. Then I wound up switching to grey. I’m sure it will be great, too, but I like that purple.

2 Likes

Hope you’ve been enjoying it!

2 Likes