What did you get in the mail, 2022?

Honestly I wouldn’t really say that OneDrop is in a happy middle ground. I think they’ve managed to figure out the vibe and bearing post situation because a lot of OneDrops are very, very smooth nowadays, even their side effect yo-yos. My Aitch is super smooth and the bearing comes out with little effort, which I appreciate a lot. I think OneDrop can achieve such a feat thanks to their insane tolerances in the bearing post (I think it’s like 0.005mm or something crazy like that, which is even tighter than aerospace and NASA tolerances) and them machining their own 10 ball bearings (yes bearings play a huge role as well). Here’s some comments from OneDrop talking about the bearing post and vibe situation:

The things that OneDrop is doing to sell a smooth yoyo that you can easily remove the bearing from is just mind blowing.

Frankly, A-RT can get away with anything at this point. It’s now on brand for them to sell yo-yos with defects like dings, ano flaws, scratches and vibe at full price (which are sky high [a monometal for $140, really?] for subpar quality control and some aren’t even USA or Canada made) and people will defend them and say that if you don’t like it, don’t buy their yo-yos. Nevertheless, it doesn’t change the fact that their quality control is basically non-existent and they’re perfectly happy with selling what most other brands would consider B-grades at full price with an A-grade tag.

9 Likes

By a company called b grade yoyos its called the creation

17 Likes

I think it’s still a bi-metal Hummingbird, just that the aluminum body is modeled after the specs of the TiSS Hummingbird, which are sightly different than the standard AL Hummingbird (in thickness of the walls, IIRC). Making the body incredibly light and increasing the ratio of the rim-to-body-weight

I could be wrong, of course.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re probably right about that. The ring is so seamlessly matched up with the body that it really does look like a monometal.

2 Likes

Beautiful! How does it play? Gotta orange one coming this week, can’t wait

3 Likes

i didn’t get these all today but i never posted my recent purchases :slight_smile:

Dove
Shortcut - Baryon
Contact - Q
Creep

26 Likes

Is that pink Dove from the current production run?

I got it from yoyofriends directly about 6 weeks ago, so I don’t think so. I have seen a couple posts about people having major vibe issues with the current run, mine is perfectly smooth.

1 Like

Another happy Monday,

Some vintage wooden throwing and a couple of CLYW Yeti 2.0 Fools Gold just because they are 5.00 each.

23 Likes

Got this sick bundle from @Sinister_Yoyos, all great yoyos.

30 Likes

29 Likes

TopYo TS. One of the more unique soft V’s I’ve played. I think I like it.

30 Likes

I LOVE it. To me, PERFECT in every single way!

1 Like

I haven’t been this stoked on a throw since the RBC.

31 Likes

2 yetis chased my akita into the gulch.

These yeti don’t look like b-grades.

29 Likes

$5 Yeti just showed up! This thing is a fun throw and way bigger than I expected. Very fun to play with on a little bit of a longer string.

30 Likes

Dude, IKR. Mine has what look like some slight surface level scratches around the bearing seat but it does not seem to affect play. Totally worth the price to pick up a different type of throw than I’m used to.

1 Like

Couple weeks f new arrival’s to share…….

35 Likes

2…

32 Likes

Not a yoyo, but yoyo related. :slight_smile:

30 Likes