What did you get in the mail, 2022?

Double (triple?) mail day today!
Doc Pop Icarus and a couple Mk1xSpiral Slivers :grin:

32 Likes

20 Likes

Whats the story behind the Black Icarus? Was it a prototype or some early release?

2 Likes

Docpop releases the “Superblack” colorway excluisively for Patreon supporters. They are laser engraved before anodizing, creating the subtle black on black look. I have the Weekender and Shawn Exploder, and they’re both awesome looking (and more importantly playing) yoyos.

26 Likes

Just got my WISH today, courtesy of @fightdeathordie! It’s like all the play you could want out of a bimetal, but all the comfort of an organic. Very highly recommend picking one up if you’re looking for a great all around bi metal!

29 Likes

Offset yo-yos Omniscient and Doc Pop Icuras Superblack edition

30 Likes

That Icarus looks very sharp. How is it?

(Sharp as in cool)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, that’s a really good look - I love the subtlety of black on black.

It’s great, looks super clean and plays light, but still has a decent amount of spin power

4 Likes

Looks good!

2 Likes

same! I think its really good looking

3 Likes

@Cannon did a wonderful job on these Christmas yoyos. I would say the run you made is a wild success and will go down as the only run of yoyos a brand made and gave away for free on Christmas day. Hang your hat on that, because you made a lot of our days brighter. This blue is a beautiful color. It has no vibe. A very clean bowl with a perfect IRG. Strong 7075 construction. I can do my tricks with ease and can get a tight bind.

Is there an official brand name and yoyoname?

Currently calling it “The Christmas Yoyo”

28 Likes

My Silver Sliver showed up today. My goodness is it a fun throw and is just oozing quality. Feeling fortunate that I have one in my arsenal.

24 Likes

I originally called it the Triplepoint. If you’d like to call it the Christmas Yoyo, I’m cool with that though too :joy: Happy to see you enjoying it!

5 Likes

Dale

Family photo with my rapidly growing ART collection (Grail, B7 Grail, Quail, Dale, Fern)

30 Likes

Couple of Ti Banshee Protos. I originally wanted one, but when offered both a V1 and V2. I couldn’t decide.
Screenshot 2022-01-24 185746

18 Likes

Sliver came quick, double thumbs up on this. The quality is even better in person, and it’s probably the most forgiving slim I’ve ever played

31 Likes

Bad Wolf strings in Danger Zone. Very different than the Alphaline I’ve been using and great! Will definitely be supporting Mike again!

21 Likes

Hot damn I’m loving that shiny purple. You don’t often see shiny yo-yos and when you see it done right it’s great. Making me second guess my choices of varia fade and laser fade lol

3 Likes

Nothing fancy but it’s a lotta furn. :crazy_face:
Good mouth feel. Nice and round. With a smooth finish. :weary::pinched_fingers:

22 Likes