What causes the different prices between CLYW's?

You’re alive!

Bam. There ya’ go.

[quote=“yoyospirit,post:15,topic:56450”]
Oh yea, the anodize not affecting price rates? Why is Deadly Spins selling their pink and black speckled Wrath for $15 more than their solid gold Wrath and turquoise Wrath?

Anodizing doesn’t affect prices majorly and I stand by that. Depending on the design a few bucks so speckle and an acid wash more than the solids. Do it does cost more so the price does have to reflect it a bit but not majorly like $$50+ for colors like BipBop when Chris charged a crazy amount for them.

Bam! And that’s why I don’t :wink:

Exactly :smiley: Someone gets it

Better than what your company will be doing probably :wink:

Oh, now you’re gonna make fun of me because I’m not a sponsored yoyo player? Lol.
You’re a terrible representative for that company, I hope you know. Adding Deadly Spins to the list of companies I’ll never buy from. Up to three now!

I like how you can justify your sponsors charging more for more complicated ano, but others cant.

One thing I know from dealing with Chris on numerous occasions that greed is never Part of the equation. It is his livelihood as well so there is a fine balance for sure. Success can be a curse too I guess. But when it comes to fair and cool and being clever, yes! Greedy? Nah.

You want to attack my company, I have the right to attack back. I am a terrible representative for defending my company. How dare I! If you don’t want to buy a Deadly spins yoyo then that is unfortunate for you, you’re gonna miss out :-\ Like everyone says buy it or don’t. Can’t please them all, sorry.

Sure is a shame that they’ll be missing out on sales because their sponsee is out talking crap about other companies.

I don’t think that comment was attacking DS. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to say. I mean, really, in six or seven years, if they’re still around, we’ll see whats up. I bet if you’re still with them and they’re pumping out fancy colorways every few weeks for a little more money you’ll be fine with that.

yup :slight_smile:

Well, thanks for clearing up the fact you’re a filthy hypocrite, Joey. How’s things with Razr?

BTW CLYW are charged $25 extra for colorways whereas the Wrath was $15 more for speckles and acid washes and not only $10 cheaper but you got a ton of extras as well a packaging that is pretty expensive. Whats the better value… :slight_smile: (decide for yourself) so we indeed are not being greedy or inflating our prices just because we feel like it. So in other words I am not accusing them of doing this and you think we do the same thing (cause the facts are we dont).

Blah…blah…blah…blah… blah? We get it, you think you’re better. Most of us disagree.

Yup I’m so much better than everyone! You definitely don’t know me to know anything about me. What one person thinks of me makes no difference to me. we’re all equally as great as each other and I dont have any reason to believe im better whether at yoyoing or in general than any other person. I’m just spitting out facts and seems like you have nothing to rebuttal with now that I stated a hard fact that is true.

Joey, while I get the point you’re trying to make, telling people they’re brainwashed into buying CLYW isn’t “defending your company”. It’s insulting people who buy from another company. A industry-leading, top-of-the-line company.

Yes, we know CLYW charges a lot more than other companies. But it obviously works. And to say that we’re brainwashed into buying them is a bit insulting to the intelligence of possible Deadly Spins customers. CLYW makes darn good yoyos. If you overlook that, then you’re nuts.

Whining about the cost of them doesn’t bother Chris in the least. If you don’t buy them, someone else will.

What are the companies you won’t buy from Mikers? I’m guessing
1: yoyofactory(Ricochet thread)
2: DS(this thread)
3:???

Huh? I think that’s what every post you’ve made in this thread is about.

Who cares if your yoyo comes with an extra bearing? You guys have put out what, one yoyo? What makes you think your reputations should be similar? You realize thats a big part of why they can charge, right? Everybody knows they’re some of the best yoyos out there, they don’t make less than stellar things, flat out.
Cut your teeth for a while, then you can charge the prices you’re obviously so jealous over.

Chris has to put food on the table for his family.

The Ricochet thread sealed the deal with YoYoFactory, but Ben’s attitude has been bringing it on the last few years. I was a big YYF fan the second the 401K came out, and continued to buy their products for quite a while. I’ve spent probably six or seven hundred dollars on brand new YYF alone, and I’m not down to put my money into a company that behaves like they do these days.

Third is any company Alex Kim has anything to do with. That being Rec-Rev.

Extra bearing, extra strings, axle, more expensive container,sticker, velvet bag, amazing quality high end yoyo: Sounds like a good bang for your buck. Me commenting in this thread was never about Deadly Spins till you people brought the company into it. We are a new company and I can guarantee we will be around for a while and hopefully have a following large but in no way am I jealous. I like the way we price and its more friendly on the pocket which i think is nice. I wont deny CLYW makes good performing and looking yoyos but I would never buy one of their yoyos new. To be honest I’ve owned/played every model of CLYW except the GE so i know my share of CLYW. Great yoyos but this thread isn’t about that. The money they charge isnt justified imo and thats exactly what it is, MY OPINION. I answered the question that was answered by the OP and then you came in to start something.

I don’t expect him to care what I say at the least. Trust me i’m not whining about the prices haha. Even if their yoyos were fairly priced I still wouldn’t buy them. I have desired too! Speaking of anyone want a mint Widowmaker Cliff (This thread makes me want to get rid of it more than I already did)

So I’m guessing providing for a family dosnt justify prices