What are you throwing today?

No not yet, but it’s high on my list. I love the jackknife though!

2 Likes

Been throwing my Liberty today. It doesn’t play quite as fast or light as I usually like, though it’s close, and it lacks some of the spin time of my other throws, but it’s just a joy to throw around.

4 Likes

As a total and complete newb, I am currently throwing the only yoyo I own: the Reccess First Base. Following standard procedure for all such projects, proper documentation of it’s initial arrival was necessary:

13 Likes

Good call on the string too!! Much better than my first string purchase lol

2 Likes

Sometimes it helps when you’re a research freak! :joy: And that the black hole of YouTube exists.

2 Likes

God bless YouTube!! Growing up without it certainly makes me appreciate it much more!!!

3 Likes

haha I remember back in the early 2000’s when I was into yoing…my parents only had dial-up internet and it wasn’t fast enough to load a lot of the yoing videos.
I made a really cool friend (I think his screen name was Kobun? Or Kobot?) who loaded a TON of videos on something like 12 or 13 CDs for me, and I sent him a bunch of yos in return (including a freehand 1 and a yoyojam dark magic).
Fun times! lol

6 Likes

Aaahhhh the old dial-up ringtone… the first sign of light at the end of the dark ages! :joy:

3 Likes

I learned my first tricks from a book. Pretty much all the beginner stuff up to brain twister, split the atom, basic side stuff like trapeze and double or nothing.

4 Likes

Same man, I think I still have the book somewhere

4 Likes

What throw is this? Very elegant.

1 Like

these two have been getting lots of attattention.

15 Likes

That’s a yoyo I turned from polyester called the Ramrod. It’s wider than it’s diameter.

2 Likes

That polyester looks so good!

1 Like

I would never have figured. Cool stuff!

1 Like

The yoyo that many people like and no-one wants. Lol.

I ended up trading it with @NeoHamster. Thanks mate!

4 Likes

Hummingbird with painted rims.

15 Likes

Anyone tried painting their yoyo with matte finish paint? I know they are mostly for reducing glare as opposed to reducing friction, I just wonder whether it works for reducing friction.

2 Likes

I used some in the cup of my Gamma Crash. Testor’s Matte Red Enamel. I would not recommend putting it on the outside of a yoyo. It’s kind of chalky.
Terrible Instagram snip for reference:

8 Likes

@durfee here it is :heart_eyes:

9 Likes