Pretty shot, thank you for the shoutout! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ti Peak.

25 Likes

Spectraply Carlson Comet

24 Likes

Very fun photo there Gnomes!

3 Likes

Coming back after 2 months with another wrist injury, so I bought myself a little present. Im pretty impressed for the price and super happy to be throwing again.

23 Likes

Woot! Welcome back @Tanker! Glad to hear your wrist is healed up enough to throw again man!!

5 Likes

Thanks! Im throwing alot slower than usual and some stuff like certain whips I can’t do but its cool because I wasn’t all the good at yoyoing to begin with :rofl:

5 Likes

Good to see you again!

3 Likes

Me too!! I still enjoy playing all my old stuff. Funny story about the Fast 201, I bought one back when they first dropped. I hated it so much that it put me off of YYF for a long time. I eventually came back around now I have nearly as many YYF as I do YYJ. I still have that Fast 201, I still hate it.

5 Likes

Yeah can’t say I love the fast, but it probably is a throw i learned the most on so it defiantly has a special place for me. Think I’m going to have a “bad” yoyo month in December and only play yoyos that aren’t well regarded! Should be able to almost have one a day lol. Probably a sign I have too many yoyos when I can cover a whole month with not great yoyos

6 Likes

Maybe you can write up some thoughts on the yoyos you try out each day! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Bad is very subjective too I guess unless there are hundreds of others with the same opinion. I find that as I slowly get better I am warming up to yoyos that I flat out did not think were good at all. If YYJ never existed and a new company created a Dark Magic exactly as it was originally created would anyone even like it? I think the FAST was innovative for the time and shouldn’t be judged outside of the context of that time period because it would not be fair. Then again, it’s still being made today so there is obviously something of merit to it, right? It’s creators were pros, not Beavis and ■■■■■■■■.

4 Likes

Oh for sure hence the quotes around bad. By modern standards they are bad, for their time and place not always the case!

2 Likes

I hated the 201 the day it dropped. There are very few yoyos I hate, and I just pulled my 201 out again to check, yep I hate hate it. It was bad in its time and place and its still bad. I should move this to the unpopular opinions thread.

In fact I’m pretty certain the 201 was the beginning of my decade plus hiatus from yoyo purchases, along with lots of life events. But I’ll just blame the 201. :smile:

4 Likes

You guys are old.

Just saying!

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thats it! I’m buying all green yoyos and wiping out stock on drops! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Now wait! Just hold on!! You’re going too far!

Did I call you old? What I meant to say is you’re mature and wise!!

PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME WITH NO MORE GREEN YOYOS TO ADD TO MY COLLECTION! :*(

3 Likes

That’s a beauty.

3 Likes

Of all the modern yo-yos I’ve picked up since diving back in around July, the Kappa and Slim Dunk are the two I keep coming back to, Kappa especially. The Alleycat 650b and Standard help round out my case while traveling when I want to mix things up a bit

17 Likes

50/50! Hopefully will have more info on these next week, but for now here’s a Halloween trick!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHBAuTCBndC/?igshid=qgwmneidjffp

7 Likes