What are you throwing today?

Wait, what trick?
Oh…sorry, I was distracted by the awesome hat! haha :smiley:

2 Likes

Today’s lineup
Front: SPYY Addiction, TMBR Fremont 2020, Tom Kuhn RD-1
Rear! A-rt Grail, Hildy Brothers Currier (Recess Edition), General Yo 5Star

18 Likes

Oh man! There sure is something special about the Duncan Tourney!
It’s not a super competition oriented performance driven beast…but at the same time, it’s got all the performance I could ever possibly need…and damn, it’s something special! It’s so fun to use!
Unlike some of the performance driven beasts I own, the Tourney is much more relaxed and feels much more casual and chill. It’s not demanding me to push it to extremes…it’s more like it just wants to be my buddy and relax and hang out.
One of the funnest yos I own. I loved it upon the very first time I used it…and my love for it is only getting stronger.

Tourney + Fresh Airetic + Animal Crossing? YES PLEASE!!

19 Likes

Could you elaborate? I confess this is a description I’ve never quite grasped.

5 Likes

Hard to describe for me. It’s hard to put it into words. I’m no poet! haha

Lets take my AL7 Banshee for instance. That thing is a beast. It’s got a ton of power, spins super fast, is crazy stable and smooth. It’s ALL performance 100% of the time. It’s all business. No messing around.

The Tourney is high performing as well…spins long, smooth, stable…etc. etc.
But it feels different. Way different. It doesn’t feel like a fighter jet tied to a string attached to my finger.
It feels softer and smoother at the end of the string. It’s hard to describe.
The Banshee pulls me along and almost feels like it’s demanding me to push it to extremes.
I don’t get that feeling with the Tourney.

The shape and physical feel of the Tourney helps too. Especially vs something like the Banshee. I love the shape of the Banshee…but with its sharp edges and how blazing fast it spins, it’s not the funnest yo to throw around (imo)…it can actually hurt to catch it sometimes.
The tourney has a great ergonomic shape and has nice rounded curves. It’s very comfortable…that and the finish of the one I have is very soft and smooth and is a pleasure to just feel.

I have a hard time describing things. It’s difficult to capture the right words for these things (at least for me it is!)

9 Likes

I think having the weight rings near the center of the tourney gives it this particular feel.

4 Likes

Ti-day today. Dressed my Inertial Boost up in some new colors and the 000 showed up as well

25 Likes

What do you think of the 000? It’s one I’ve been curious about for a while.

3 Likes

I’m impressed so far, I expected it to feel really light and lack in stability but it performs surprisingly well for its very minimal design. I bought it expecting it to be more of a collector’s throw than a player but I was wrong on that assumption. I’m looking forward to getting to know it better!

4 Likes

been having fun with this thing today. Happy Halloween!!!

16 Likes

like a stabler and longer spin grail IMO.

2 Likes

19 Likes

Here are the unresponsive throws that I’m working with.
Front: Markmont Classic: Magnum Opus, Static Co. Sudo
Rear: General Yo Majesty

19 Likes

After over 250 post in this thread, I’m literally throwing my first Rock today;

28 Likes

How does it play?

7 Likes

In a house of glass you got to be careful throwing stones, but when its on the ground its very stable. Heavier than my Grail, however it is extremely durable. Might experiment with some off string.

10 Likes

Looks rock solid.

11 Likes

Dusting off a surprisingly good plastic yoyo I had mostly forgotten about:

iYoYo Kickstart Pro

22 Likes

Happy Belated Halloween! I’ve been really enjoying this Phidias recently.

25 Likes

I’ve been throwing my horizon 2, but I dinged it severely. So my new fav is my g2 pelican.

15 Likes