What are you throwing in 2021?

A bit of Ti today

17 Likes

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Mono-Metal Monday, I do have an Obsession

Mowl Dark Mocha Obsession and Yellow Kitty Fat.

26 Likes

PockeHt

23 Likes

how is that one actually ? it should be kinda the iceberg second generation right?

3 Likes

TiTANIC is the premium version of the iCEBERG.
Same design in titanium.

It’s a lovely yoyo, especially if you like a H shaped throw.

6 Likes

Can attest to it being an absolutely lovely throw. I like mine a lot.

4 Likes

I’ll agree with the Titanic being a really awesome Ti. I love H and this one doesn’t disappoint ever!

6 Likes

OneDrop Dang 2. I forget how smooth and floaty this bad boy is. It was the first yoyo I bought after I finished learning how to bind on my magicyoyo locus v6. 8 months and 25 yo-yos later and it’s still one of the smoothest I own.

22 Likes

A-RT B7. First things first…

24 Likes

What was the response like?

I didn’t bother with the b7 drops because I’m really happy with how the original Grail plays. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

7 Likes

ah yea now i remember

2 Likes

Please explain for us new-jacks who’ve only just heard the term “flowable.” :nerd_face:

4 Likes

They had their usual pink response cut from 3M tape. Nothing wrong with that but I prefer silicone.

Honestly, plays like you would imagine it playing as a lighter Grail. I, too like the original one, I don’t see these replacing them, more as a compliment much like the 420lite/420 and Diptych/Triptych pairs.

I could entertain you with a tortuous thesis about ‘float’ and ‘immediacy’ but I’ll save you from that!

8 Likes

Flowable silicone - Found this in the forums. Gives a nice overview from a decade ago. There’s nothing wrong with modern response pads - they work well and are easy to use/replace. I prefer the feel of a pliable silicone response as I’m old and set in my ways. One is not better than the other.

10 Likes

That’s what I was looking for! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

4 Likes

Dixie cup vibes on this side

24 Likes

Which do you prefer the triptych or the diptych?

5 Likes

I agree. Very underrated. Best of the cheapest. I keep one in the glove box in both our cars just in case.

4 Likes

Not the person you asked but I find that the trip and dip are more dissimilar from each other than the grail/b7 and 420/lite. My preference is for the triptych but they are both unique throws.

4 Likes