What are you throwing 2024?

Very cool looking. I don’t have a fixed axle yoyo … a little concerned about durability of wooden yoyosm s this is pretty interesting. Just wondering on the weight you stated. Isn’t 61g heavier than the typical fixie?

I’ve never hurt a wood yoyo any more than it’s hurt me. In all seriousness I think wood takes an impact more gracefully than a 6061 al throw does. Worse case you break your axle and that just a trip to the hardware store for a wood dowel of the right size and some wood glue to fix and be back in business the next day.

61g is on the heavier side for a fixie but I have fixed axle dense exotic wood yo-yos that are around that weight that play pretty well. Looks like a fun yoyo to me.

3 Likes

It doesn’t need to be wood to be fixed. The new Duncan Butterflies are a phenomenal player for their $5 price tag.

4 Likes

The axolotls were on yoyo factory’s website for Black Friday as a pre release. It’s one of my favorite yo-yos. It’s coming out sometime in 2024, as another one of Betty Gallegos’s yo-yos.

2 Likes

Today’s throw and today’s read. Love this Alley Cat. Used to have two and I regret selling the other one.

25 Likes

Comparing one of our protos to some other amazing yo-yos

26 Likes

I put all the same ultralights in just to feel the difference in play. I can say the updated version moves better and has a better presence on the string. I never really liked the way it played with spikes.

27 Likes

I never thought I’d be “super lit” on 48 grams. But let me tell you, the SL1000 is super powerful and can handle whatever you throw at it.

Even with the low weight, its still super stable.

If you get a chance to try the SL1000, I cant recommend it enough.

24 Likes

Nice! I found mini spikes on it to be perfect for any style of play :+1:

3 Likes

Papacuwt

29 Likes

RSO YWETi Side Effects Edition MK1, Domed with YYSL Type X.

@lytelvin

32 Likes

Turning Point Big Bimetal

21 Likes

Good luck if you can do that successfully. I can’t.

Oh - Did you mean just make another yoyo? Because that I can do.

2 Likes

The Kasm!

23 Likes

Taking a break from the Bathysphere to marry my new Code1 with the SEs it deserves.

31 Likes

Playing my recently Modified Duncan Bumblebee with some Throw-Yo matching Yoyo Rope!

25 Likes

I’m gonna be buried with this yo-yo.

27 Likes

You stripped it and taped in a helicoil?

1 Like

I’ve said that before.

Nope. Shaved the posts to put a narrower bearing in.

3 Likes