What are you throwing 2024?

Incredible work! Very well done!

2 Likes

I see it’s got the obligatory dna dimple. I might have to snag one.

Thanks! The color might come off easily tho

1 Like

Thanks @FourCorner it’s pretty nice.

22 Likes

It’s the easiest pull start I’ve ever done with a yoyo on my tio. It was pleasantly surprised

1 Like

See I don’t see it as a DNA dimple I see it as a pull start dimple!
Pull starts are life!

And I don’t think he’ll be able to get one easy they were pre-order limited run that has passed,.sorry.

3 Likes

Agreed it’s lovely

Upheaval still in heavy rotation since i got it. So simple, but so good.

19 Likes

Pltps and testing out my first diy mini devil stick tonight

22 Likes

Hi. Do you like the pomodoro? Can you compare it with the Markmont MCMO or the MC classic, or the KOI? Thanks.

2 Likes

+1 for Pomodoro. You can’t miss.

I can only compare to MCMO.

Pomodoro is airier, less dense feeling. The IRG rocks and response is perfect. Easy one of my favorites, I have two.

Both are great but if I’m running for my life, I’m grabbing Pomodoro. :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

Starting off with my yet unnamed first metal design!
Made of 6061 aluminum with an aluminum fixed axel. Total weight 60.83g.
Plays like a dream!

34 Likes

Is there a price you’d be willing to make more?

2 Likes

Independent.

22 Likes

I’m looking into costs right now for this. I’m really enjoying this though. It’s the culmination of 3 years of design and 116 revisions of the design split between 3D modeling, 3D printing, and now machining.

9 Likes

Oh dang! Idk much about throw design, but that sounds like a lot. Either way, lmk

5 Likes

This looks like a lot of fun. Am I correct in thinking that little nubbin (axle nut?), sticks out passed the body of the yo? Thus, could be used, sort of, like stunt pegs?

In earlier designs, yes. Currently it’s about .05mm proud. Though that could be adjusted depending on interest and design. I may make one where it uses a more flush fit screw, and another with the thumb screws sitting outside enough.

3 Likes

It looks super fun. I think there would be a fairly decent amount of interest, especially among a lot of us yoyoboomers. I can only really speak for myself, I suppose but, I, for one, would certainly be interested.

Wether or not money exists for me when it drops is purely up to chance though :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Since @Shwa covered the MCMO, I can cover the Koi and the Markmont Classic with Ultralights.

For me it lands in-between the two, MC is more agile and has it’s Classic “It” factor, the Pomodoro does have a higher base weight but being 6061 it shares some of that same float. Koi is denser feeling on the string, but its also 7068, Koi also has a slower pacing, but this 2nd run has a dreamy hard-coat ano with a great feel. Spec wise all three are really close, but they have their subtleties. Pomodoro cup though, just looks so cool, and I’m still getting to know this one.

23 Likes