What are you throwing 2024?

Been obsessed with tinkering with the stem recently but been throwing these two goodies i got from @Saltman360 for the last few days

27 Likes

A C3yoyodesign Plasma Crash and a Motion Harmonic. Both are utterly fantastic playing. And I have a serious attraction to a good orange color which this Motion most definitely has. Really nice to look at and even better to play.

31 Likes

Thank you for grabbing one i appreciate it a lot!

2 Likes

Got mine today too! I love the stability on this thing

1 Like

Will yye and yys be carrying the Harmonic soon?

2 Likes

Yes they will

2 Likes

How does it play?

Mono-Metal Monday, Dip and Kitty

27 Likes

Bimetal Kodiak :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

31 Likes

Maybe sooner than later, I’ll be sending Wesley @yoyospirit my Salmon fade to get the sticker lip removed and “hopefully” there’s enough of a wall thickness to allow for a C bearing spacer mod and proper CLYW depth silicone groove. :hugs:

He did wonders to these FH1’s, that I had the same grievances with on the sticker lip, smaller than stock fhz spacer gap, and shallow silicone sticker recess groove. -_-
(he also did a large bearing spacer and a repair when he forgot to sharpen his tooling and it threw a couple halves whoops! :grimacing: happens to the best of us modders eventually. Just glad it wasn’t the Enyo. :skull:)

All FH’s got the same deeper silicone recess and dual schmoove grooves matching the End Part II Finales. :star_struck::partying_face::sunglasses:
That Enyo Triple Collab FHZ is my grail FHZ. (still hunting a Carbon fiber FH M.L …but I haven’t heard of MoonLight being active in yeeears and you never see them anymore.:face_exhaling:)

23 Likes

I am almost certain it has to do with the bearings as most of the Duncan fh1’s grooved bearing upgrades I’ve used all have gone gritty responsive then back to normal in the span of an hour of playing before either locking us or simply getting sat down for as future Tobi’s problem to deal with. :sneezing_face: I’ve blown them out with canned air, removed shields, and ultimately gave up and tossed them in the sonic cleaner with some oderless mineral spirits to try and fix the issue. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

i dont think its a gritty bearing, yet at least lol. the bearing in my peakhand is quiet and spins good, i think the snags are technique or tiny gap small bearing unresponsive problems with the thick strings i enjoy LOL

1 Like

Ahh that’s fair, I also like ‘em thicc lol so I feel that, but I was raised on all of the OG small bearing sizes and was almost a man before I even saw a C bearing (RIP YoYoJam :green_heart:) So I suppose I’ve also had a bit more time playing with smaller bearings, tighter gaps, and higher walls when it comes to dense tech and avoiding snags. :kissing_cat::hugs:

2 Likes

I really like the Hypernova. Nice power/stability for a mono. If you like the shape/dimensions, I think it is a good option.

2 Likes

I just got my first unresponsive yoyo in the mail yesterday. Practicing binds and stuff. It feels so different!

It’s a yyf shortcut

33 Likes

Find the axle!

I tried a horizontal throw. I think it must have been loose already, though.

27 Likes

Fun wheres Waldo game. Ill let others find it before I spoil it.

4 Likes

I can’t believe it, but I found it.

3 Likes

I just found it too :wink:

3 Likes

found it

3 Likes