What are you throwing, 2022?

Skateboarding at 45 is risky. I know I’m not the brightest bulb in the box, but what’s living without a little risk? I love the feeling of rolling around on a board.
So a few years ago in 2020 when I got my new board I learned about pump tracks. They are tracks with small hills and banked corners that allow you to keep going using your momentum.

I was trying to take it slow and learn how to pump correctly to get around the track safely. The corners were pretty tricky. I was trying to get the timing right and fell. I knew I hurt my foot but I thought it was just a strained muscle so I walked it off for a while. I had about an hour rain delay and went back to it. I was doing ok but had trouble getting enough speed and timing for the corner. So I backed up to a steeper hill. The extra speed threw me off and I shifted back instead leaning forward.

Here’s the hill and the tip circled is where I landed on my back. Breaking 6 ribs on the back.
No bueno
So I highly doubt I will attempt it again. But I’m not giving up on rolling around smooth parking lots.
Thank you everyone
Be safe but have fun.

18 Likes

Ouch! Broken ribs are painful and there isn’t much you can do about them. The treatment I got from my doctor when I broke a couple was a circle drawn around the break with a ball point pen.

Along similar lines, a couple few weeks ago I went to Knott’s Berry Farm and went on the Ghostrider roller coaster. My back was in severe pain for at least two weeks. I should have posted “my back out” in this thread then. :slight_smile: Wocka wocka…

6 Likes

Damn! But good for you for getting out there! I’m way past 45 now and I miss all the things that I used to do, like rock climbing and cycling. Hold on to it as long as you can, becsuse once you start losing it, it’s not easy to get it back!

5 Likes

Just to be clear… throwing the EVO. Not the cat. :joy:

39 Likes

¿por que no los dos?

1 Like

That thing looks so wide! Again, the Evo not the cat :laughing:

2 Likes

Rectifier and Exia. Both so…very…good.

26 Likes

P_20220930_085911
This ARI is smooooooth.

26 Likes

G2 arbiter wine/purple fade. One of the most destinctive playin yoyos I’ve tried so far. Powerfull and floats like a balloon.

*added string for play :slight_smile:

25 Likes

There are a lot of fun organic throws out there…
But i doubt there is anything that hits an overall higher rating in all aspects- The Don brassi (also sounds like no other)

20 Likes

The look your cat is giving the camera would beg to differ hahah :rofl: jk jk

4 Likes

Why don’t I see anyone posting about the Affinity by Unity Yoyos? It has taken second place and sometimes even beats my Top Deck as an edc.

@BadWolfeCo goldilocks slicc on that thing works super fine!

28 Likes

Your cat doesn’t look convinced they he/she isn’t next.

3 Likes

Haven’t put it down since it arrived

Centrifugal (motion)

39 Likes

PV44

29 Likes

Last day of Slim Sept. Confusion and Legend Wing happy Fri!!!

19 Likes

I am still in absolute awe with this. Everything about it amazed me from the first throw. For me, V-shaped yoyos defintely get played less and less over the last year.
@BadWolfeCo goldilocks slicc

23 Likes

How do you like the BC? been thinking of trying one for a while now

2 Likes

Had to take my Prescription today! Also tossing around my Noah and Daredevil.

33 Likes

I want a Prescription!

5 Likes