What are you throwing, 2022?

Dusting off a Silhouette for some 5A on Monometal Monday! Also SotN, because always.

28 Likes

Jake Bullocks Dunk Rebound is the best yoyo of 2022

Change my mind

3 Likes

It’s Monometal Monday. Now with some Markmont string.

24 Likes

Jake Bullocks Dunk Rebound is your favorite yoyo of 2022

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Have you seen the new Mirage ESD??
It is so cool

I have, I want a pair but 160 bucks is a bit too much for me to drop on yoyos at the moment. I already love the Mirage and tend to prefer heavier yoyos, so I know I’m going to love the ESD whenever I can get them. :pensive:

Yeah I get you

1 Like

I’m late to the party and recently got my first ever bimetal from @adamantiumpops - 2Sick Crusade.

I’ve been playing it side-by-side with my CLYW Beater, and it’s like you could take the halves of one and pop them inside-out to make the other yo-yo’s shape. So different and yet both are so cool.

26 Likes

That Crusade looks fun! The beater looks…organic :slight_smile: and also fun.

1 Like

I’m having a lot of fun with both. Gosh, you can really push a bimetal! It’s zippy and just never loses power.
And the beater is just comfy goodness. I’m a sucker for organic throwin’,

4 Likes

Got the new Thorn from One Drop! Gorgeous Saturday Market on this one all around, stoked on that.

This yoyo is a ton of fun, very powerful and stable. You can tell theres a ton of weight in the rim to balance the huge spike. Plays a little heavy, but its more like a good authoritative presence on the string rather than being a rock on the string. The spikes are a ton of fun, and easily the most usable of my spiked yoyos. Highly recommend.

37 Likes

Mine looks awesome too! I got a Kraken in saturday market awhile ago but it was very pale and unimpressive. My Thorn in saturday market is gorgeous! Maybe the most beautiful yoyo I own. I perceive the weight differently than you for some reason. It feels refreshing light to me. Even though it’s narrower than my preference it’s nice and wide open and plays beautifully.

9 Likes

I think the thorn feels like if the OD kraken and the MFD 2evil had a weird baby with pull start capabilities - I think I really like it but its too soon to tell - really cool yoyo though

4 Likes

A quick search pulled up this!

2 Likes

i’ve been playing some yoyos that feel very light and zippy lately i guess lol. its not heavy when compared to my valhalla, but when i compare it to my diorama, 5050, b18, or titross (the ones ive been playing the most lately) it does seem to play heavier than them. its always a relative thing

3 Likes

Blastoise used Surf!

27 Likes

Galaxy Time, Surveillance HPF

25 Likes

Look to the sky-va !!!

I’m starting to get used to the light weight of some throws and now I’m actually kinda liking it !!! I gave the Skyva another chance by swapping out the response pads and adjusting my technique with binds and now it plays perfect :ok_hand:

23 Likes

The grass is sometimes redder I guess.

4 Likes