What are you throwing, 2022?

Thesis Invictus. I noticed, along with some highly-skilled reviewers that binds feel a little funny. The binds really bummed me out so I set it aside for a few weeks. I put in some Magic Yoyo yellow pads and it feels like a totally different yoyo to me with awesome binds and is just more enjoyable all around. I now love it! Maybe the stock pads were more recessed (or something) and require more skills than I have.

@BadWolfeCo string

25 Likes

I’ve had this same issue with other Thesis, like the Da Capo and HypoThesis V2. They just had slippy binds no matter what strings I used, even XL. Then I replaced the pads with the Saturn Ring Landing Pads and now they both play great with other strings, currently using Alphaline. It made me rethink set ups I didn’t like in the past, I also found that a Concave bearing played more consistent as well in the Da Capo compared to the Center Trac, it might just be my play style, I’m more on the Soft, Slow and Flow spectrum as opposed to the Fast and Dense Tech, or “I have a really hard throw” player.

7 Likes

I think even Thesis themself has said the stock pads in the Invictus are slippy, or more slippy that prior releases. I didn’t notice it as much in those, but it’s very noticeable in the Invictus, like you said even with XL string or OT Fat.

They supposedly break in eventually, I haven’t gotten to that point yet though and am thinking of replacing them with Landing Pads

5 Likes

What are the slippiest pads? I hate grip. I want slip. I’ll fold my string in half for a bind if it means lowest grip possible.

4 Likes

I noticed better binds initially with Kitty XL and I put in myy yellow pads because I had a bunch but I accidentally cut the string too short (smacked my eye socket yesterday) so I put on a @BadWolfeCo (goldilocks) that I had on another yoyo and now feel like the Invictus plays flippin’ awesome.

3 Likes

Harder pads have less grip; most pads are around 50 iirc on the Shore hardness scale but I think I’ve seen some 60 and 70s.

Looks like you want TopYo Clear pads

5 Likes

Maybe if thesis decreases the gap width by a hair on the invictus it may provide better and satisfying binds. But in this case you may want to try some grippier pads and see if that will do the trick

1 Like

Nice! Do you happen to know how they compare to ilinx mouse pads or Mazal Top’s bulk clear pads? Maybe @Modern_yoyos can let us know the hardness of mouse pads.

3 Likes

Yoyofactory lowercase
G2 Valhalla

24 Likes

What’re we looking at here? Assassin and Exia?

2 Likes

A whole lot of these two. Damn near makes me want to sell off the metals and buy a bunch of wood.

29 Likes

Updated

1 Like

Por que no los dos?

Dang I wasn’'t even half right! :rofl:

3 Likes

I’d just have the metals sitting around collecting dust. Gonna give it a month or two to see if my thoughts change

2 Likes

Elevation and 5050 !!!

My top two favorite mono-metals at the moment.

Elevation is for pure performance while the 5050 is for float and fun !!!

27 Likes

Still unbeaten if you ask me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

25 Likes

This guy today.

kgb

30 Likes

Still putting performance and fun on opposite ends of a spectrum, I see. When will this yoyo meme ever die?

1 Like

I had no idea that this was a meme :laughing: i just said what I thought about the throws play style :wink: