What are some good affordable camera and editing software

So I want to be able to record my own videos.
The thing is I need a camera tht is good with recording videos and not terribly expensive.
So what are some recommendations.

I would also like to edit the videos. What are good FREE video editing software that is user friendly?

~Johnny

I don’t know a lot about cameras, but I know that YouTube has a free editing software thing taht you don’t have to download, once you upload the video you can upload it from there I think.

The Flip video cameras actually seem pretty nice. For editing, Wax is probably the best free one but can be a little complicated if you’re not a computer guy. Otherwise Windows movie maker is actually pretty nice and very simple. If you have a PC you probably already have it. And the youtube thing isn’t really editing. You can add comments and stuff but you can’t make cuts or anything.

What are some good ones?

When I first saw this I thought “Good what? Puppies, kittens, what?”

It would be much more helpful to the ordinary, average guy if people would ask a specific question, like, “What are some good cameras?”

ok.
fixed

For the price of a Flip, you can get a digital photocamera capable of shooting better videos than a Flip. On top of that you get to remove and change your memory and battery, and you get the ability to take photos.

I don’t actually have one. The just seemed nice.