What a difference a week, and 2 new throws, make! New guy learning....

Bought my first yoyo like 13 years ago or more, Yomega, learned all the basic responsive tricks, got tired of it, put the yoyo in the drawer.

So now my son, he’s 9, finds the yoyo and ask about it a couple weeks ago. I clean it up and get it set-up and show him what you can do. All the old tricks are easy to pick back up. I had allot of fun teaching him basics, he now wants to start an after school yoyo club meeting once a month at the school.

Then…I go online…and google yoyo forums…

Soooo, now I have bought an unresponsive throw, DV888 starter kit, and start learning binds, really difficult at first, turns out the DV888 might not have been a good first choice. I’m 43, 6’-1" with good sized hands, the DV888 feels tiny and is very hard to catch on the string for a trapeze. So I order a new replay pro and buy a Shutter from a fellow member on here thinking that the larger diameter and heavier weight will make it more stable, etc. I was right.

I got the replay pro and the shutter premium both in the mail today, I assembled and set them up, both have bearing much better than the one that came with the DV888. With the first throw I knew immediately there was a big difference. 10 beautiful, dead straight, vibe free sleepers with perfect binds in a row, huge difference.

So I have spent the last 3 hours learning tricks in the videos on here and now I’m jumping the yoyo, doing trapeze’s, redirections, etc. with ease. These things are awesome and my kids think I’m a genius lol.

So cliff notes…
-For someone wanting to start learning responsive tricks, start with something a little bigger with more weight to the outer rim. 55mm diameter and about 65 grams I think. I will not pick up the DV888 for a while, get a bunch of stuff nailed, then try it again to see if tricks are easier with the smaller diameter.
-If you can stand the purchase, buy a couple of different types to see what works best for your hand and fingers.