Western Canadian Regional Return Top Championships (WCR)
Saturday, May 21, 2011
9:30am - 2:30pm
National Nikkei Museum & Heritage Centre, Burnaby, BC
6688 Southoaks Crescent (near Kingsway and Sperling)
Find us on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/itsayoyocontest
The first-ever Western Canadian Regional Return Top Championships is being held in beautiful Vancouver, BC on Saturday, May 21 (Victora Day Long Weekend).
WCR is a family-friendly event bringing top Yoyo™ players from all over BC, Alberta and Ontario together to compete for prizes, glory and the title of REGIONAL CHAMPION! This contest is open to all ages and skill levels. There will be raffle prize draws throughout the contest!
9:30 – 9:45 Registration
9:45 – 10:00 Brantford Yoyo Team “History of the Yoyo™”
10:00 – 11:30 1A Junior Division Freestyles
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch Break
12:30 – 2:00 1A Regular Division Freestyles
2:00 – 2:30 Awards Ceremony, Contest ends
2:30 – 3:00 Cleanup
3:00 – 5:00 Social time outside (weather permitting)
5:30 – 7:00 WCR Dinner @ Red Robin (Station Square, beside Save On Foods — rain or shine)
WCR has two divisions:
- 1A Junior Division – for beginner/intermediate players 13 years old and younger
- 1A Regular Division – for advanced players of any age
1A Regular Division:
- Freestyle length: 2 minutes
- Points awarded for successful trick elements, transitions, style, difficulty, stage presence.
- Points deducted for missed tricks, switching yoyos, loss of control, unsuccessful binds, etc.
- Repeated tricks are scored at a lower value or may not be scored at all. Tricks done outside of your time limit are not scored.
- NO DO-OVERS. You are responsible for checking for string wear, string tension, yoyo screwed tight enough, etc.
- Any dangerous or disruptive actions during the entire contest may result in disqualification.
1A Junior Division:
- All 1A Regular Division rules except freestyles are 1 minute.
- Bring backup yoyos and put them on the stage in front of you with the finger loops all ready to go.
- It’s better to do clean, simple tricks rather than complicated tricks but with lots of mistakes.
- MP3 file (on USB stick, SD card, CD-R or DVD-R)
- Audio CD (write down your name and track # on cd case)
- Should be at least 1 minute long for Junior Division, 2 minutes long for Regular Division
- NO SWEARING (eg. hip hop songs with swearing must be the “clean” or “radio” version).
- If you need your music to start in the middle of the song, please edit your music beforehand so that the track starts when you want it to start.
There will be prizes for the TOP 3 players in each division. Medals are custom-designed by SPYY and are one-of-a-kind!
Other prizes include: gift certificates, yoyos, string and more! There will also be raffle tickets for sale, for your chance to win even more yoyo-related merchandise!
THANKS TO OUR MEGA-AWESOME SPONSORS!
Duncan Toys - http://www.yo-yo.com/
SPYY - http://www.spyy.ca/
String Theory Yoyos - http://www.stringtheoryyoyos.com/
CLYW - http://www.cariboublog.com/
Yoyo G-String - http://www.yoyogstring.com/
Northern Spin Co. - http://www.northspin.com/
One Drop Yoyos - http://www.onedropyoyos.com/
EVENT LOCATION GOOGLE MAP:
If you have any questions, post them here and I’ll answer them!
- Megaflab/Dennis and the Vancouver Yoyo Club
**************** QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ********************
Are there 1A prelims?
No, there’s no prelims. Everybody just goes at it! Only one chance to BRING IT!
No Open division?
Sorry, not enough competitors nor time to fit in another division. Maybe next year?
How do I register?
Register at the contest at the registration table! You will receive a complimentary “Hi my name is” sticker!