Werrd - **Updated**!!! -- Photo Competiton. Win a new Gold Werrd Irony GBA!

Arghhh!!!

DONE!!!

So here are my entrys i had a lot of fun making these.

Wallpaper- I love this wallpaper. i had a hard time making this because i didn’t have any werrd to take photos of. So i hunted down someone that could take the photos for me. Jason graciously took photos for me and sent them along and it ended up like this. After i got the photo i added the concrete background and then added some overlays and different blends to make sure i got a good contrast and the right wear on the concrete. Then i shadowed around the concrete so that the SplitD stood out more. Then i drew up the werrd logo and word and gave them a chalk look. All in all it turned out great.

Sig - So this took quite a bit more time than the wallpaper because of the fact that i vectored all of the logos (that i could find) so that i could scale them without any distortion. After vectoring the logos i blended them with the background so they are not distraction but you can still make them out. Then i took an alpha of the werrd logo and added it then drew up the werrd lettering and added a gradient. (tell me what you see)

Hope you guys enjoyed looking and hope you can use them for something… oh and i also drew this…

Its a technical drawing of a splitD (or as technical as i could get from just photos).

WOW! Some of these are really outstanding! Thanks for all the entries!

here’s my entry to the contest signature…

hope you like it!!!

my wallpaper entry…

Our Werrd wallpaper/forum signature design contest is now closed. Massive thanks to everyone who entered. Some of you could have careers as graphic artists…awesome entries. Stay tuned for updates on the winnner. We’ll be posting all successful entries on www.werrd.com and will be crediting the designer by name next to their entry.

Can I just say…you guys are awesome! There are some amazing designs among these entries. Seriously. You rock.

Can mines’ be credited to Erfan Moradi?

Sure can!

I love you guys.

So while we figure out who won this last comp…here’s a new one. This one needs some creativity as well. We’ve done some logos for the Mystery Meat, but you guys were so good with the last comp we’ve decided to give you a challenge.

Mystery Meat Logo Design Competition

We have a mysterious meaty new throw we’re calling “Mystery Meat”. It needs a logo and we’d like to give you the opportunity to get creative and come up with one.

Details:

-Competition will close next Monday September 26.
-Winning entry will win a new Werrd Mystery Meat.
-We may or may not use the winning entry as the actual logo, but you will get your logo up on werrd.com.
-Your entry should be black and white (grayscale)
-Size etc doesn’t matter in this comp.
-Please email your entry to andrew at werrd.com as an attachment
-email subject heading should begin: Werrd Mystery Meat Logo Comp:
-Entries that do not follow these instructions will not be read and are ineligible to win.

Terms and Conditions:

-Each person may submit two (2) logos only.
-By submitting a logo you agree that your artwork becomes the property of Werrd.
-If you’ve read this far you’re a legend.
-Skip’s Poo is the %&*#
-That is all.
1 Like

Sweet, more contests :smiley:
Now I can actually work on useful doodles in my classes. :stuck_out_tongue:
when do you guys think the winners of the other contest will be announced?

I need an idea on what it’s like. Is it large? Is it small? Does it have an organic, round shape? Or a hand-killing sharp and pointy minute-esque shape? Or is this information highly classified?

working on the new logo as we speak very excited!
love the contest!

WERRD!! 8)

Highly classified at this point, but I can say that the MM is more organic than pointy.

Re the Werrd Wallpaper/Forum Signature competition, I’m tallying results. Hopefully have something out in the next 48 hours.

[edit to add info on Werrd Wallpaper/Forum Signature competition]

Announcing the winner of our Werrd wallpaper and Forum Signature comp

Congratulations Josh Hendrickson! Our runner up is Kyle Maxwell who did unspeakable things (with extreme flair and originality as well as excellent production value) to a werrd throw. It was a close call with a lot of amazing entries. Thanks to all who entered. Josh will be receiving a new werrd Rhinoplasty. All entries chosen will go up on werrd.com shortly.

There were some extremely good entries and this was very difficult to judge.

Good stuff!

one correction: it’s Kyle Weems* :slight_smile:

Kyle

Sorry Kyle. Got my Kyles mixed up… :-[

I submitted a logo… but more importantly I have a killer tshirt idea that I’ll draw up in a bit.

Kyle

This is unrelated to the contests, but I was bored and had an idea for a shirt so I sketched it quickly… it’s rough, but I was curious if anybody else would be amused :slight_smile:

http://www.kyostoys.com/pics/mm_shirt_roughS.jpg

Kyle

I like it but. It reminds me of the everlasting gobstoper machine in charlie and the chocolate factory. You don’t know whats going in but you know what your getting out.