Well, now what?

OK, so I’ve gotten roughly through every trick on this website, except for most of the master ones, I can’t do them. So now what do I do? I already do 5a and can do everything, same goes with 4a. I’m not really interested in looping.

So I know you’re all going to say, “Make up your own tricks”. Well, I’ve tried. I can’t make up tricks, I don’t know why, but I can’t make up 1a tricks.

So now what? I’m really in a bad place right now because there’s really nothing for me to learn anymore, and I can’t make up. Please help!

Astrojax! it’s just like 5A but without a yoyo!

not really sure. i get what you mean by you can’t make up tricks. it is kinda hard. here’s what i do:

1.) Do a trick you know
2.) Screw it up
3.) Start over

1 Like

That’s good advice, I’ll try that! And I do astrojax, but there’s really nothing to do with them either. Any tutorials would be great?

for Astrojax? or making up tricks.

Tutorials for Astrojax.

i can’t really find any. there’s videos of them/promos, but really it’s the same. make up your own tricks.

Look at other sites for tutorials such as:

http://www.yoyoskills.com/?cat=6

http://www.grawrd.com/tricks.html

Just keep looking for some I know Samad’s got quite a few and I’m sure other people do as well

You still have the master tricks to go through. Learn them.

Don’t go hardcore grinding on learning tricks. Learn tricks while AFK training in runescape or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Just go through the master tricks. There is a reason why they are considered master, because they are hard. They will take time to learn, and if you can’t do it, search for other tutorials on youtube, and keep trying. I hope you don’t quit yoyoing or anything, just learn tricks. There is a reason why we learn, because we don’t know how to do stuff, so its hard, so we learn how to do it, because we don’t know how to do it.

I have no idea where I’m going, but I’ll end this with this. Learn the master tricks. Once you know them, the elements in the tricks will help you make your own tricks. You will only find the true fun in yoyoing when you make your own tricks, and when you master them while playing Runescape. :stuck_out_tongue:
(No, seriously, it really gets fun when you master and make your own tricks, especially when you are doing something else that you don’t have time for at the same time.)

Start yoyoing to music, and just go from there. I spend a lot of time making up my own tricks, but I’m getting better at it. just keep on doing it.

start learning combos and frewstyle a lil

You really wanna learn the master tricks. It will really help you to make your own tricks. You really wanna start making your own combos.

Braintwister combos take time to make, but they are worth it.

Decadence combos are even more awesome. (I think i made that mount up  ???)

Go double on to a split bottom mount. Thats a decadence mount :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously, you can get really smooth combos out of the decadence mount.

If you don’t understand what i mean by double on split bottom mount, look at this video.

The mount at 00:37

Awesome, thanks everybody, I’ll work on the master tricks! I can do White Buddha already, what should I do next do you guys think?

EDIT: Also, I would NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER even THINK about quitting yo-yoing. Yo-yoing is my LIFE right now, I do it whenever I’m bored, I don’t know what I would do in my spare time without yo-yoing. Seriously. AND, to top it off, on Saturday I’m going to finish the tricklist at YoyoJoes yoyo club and be put onto the Yoyojoes wall of fame! Ain’t no stopping after that!

Follow your heart :slight_smile:

And whut. Spend a few days on it. You’re gonna get it down fast, but you won’t get it smooth. Work on it and get it as smooth as Andre.

Ladder escape. Its tough. Practice.
Read my post on this for the awesome way of doing ladder escape: Yay! Ladder Escape! - Yo-Yo Videos - YoYoExpert Forums

Hey I took your advice on learning And Whut, and I actually get it this time! I have done parts 1 and 2, I’m working on smoothing them out and then moving to 3!

Yup, soon you’ll get it. But its not gonna be very smooth. Spend a few hours perfecting it so you can do it as fast as andre.

Got the whole trick! I’ll be working on smoothing it out for a while…I think I might try Ladder Escape next, but Ándre’s tutorial on the mount is a bit vague to me. Does anybody have any other tutorials that you could link me to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO4nf3aXw50

I’m going to go back to the “make up your own tricks” cycle. Watch old school players like Jason Lee and Whip, as well as many other players. They have a super amount of flow and style to their tricks, and its really inspirational. players these days have too complicated of tricks, but watching old school players is awesome. Also, watch Sid Seed, he has sooo much style.

OK, I got And Whut MUCH more smoothed out, still not perfect, but a ton better. I tried Ladder Escape and it really just escapes me. (That wasn’t really meant to be a pun) I can do the BeverChakus version of the mount, but I can’t really do any more of the trick.

…yup.