Weird trick names

Hear of a weird trick name? Heres two “strawberries and mustard” And “Fridges”

What a coincidence. I youtubed “yoyo tutorials” a few days ago and Strawberries and Mustard is one of the top ones. Fun trick.

There are soo many. :smiley: Yoyoing is full of colorful and artistic people. Nice topic!

1 Like

Yoyo tricks have weird names as well as Jazz songs:P

Skin the gerbil always comes to mind.

soiled panties
kwijibo

What’s so weird about this?

American ham (it’s an offshoot of Canadian bacon)

soiled panties FTW…

I rarely pay attention to the trick name though…

rancid milk

Eli Hops

WHO is Eli?

Heres another one I made up a trick and called it “The Harlem Shake”

How about no.

God just a joke calm down.

I"M COMPLETELY CALM

I Only Sleep In The Boat Once A Night
Erik’s Birthday

edit: grammar correction

One day, one day I’ll make a tutorial for “Giraffe snake bite on a windy day in Paris”.

Seriously though, the yoyo world is blessed with many interesting and beautiful trick names. Even standard ones, like “Green Triangle” are pretty cool.

I think it was Steve Brown who cleared this up some time ago? Eli was the guy who first started popping the yoyo up off the string - apparently he was only doing small hops, nothing like the Eli Hops we know today, nonetheless, it was the birth of something new.

1 Like

Eli is an Aramaic word and it means “high” or “the high one” (it has the same meaning in Arabic and Hebrew) it’s usually used as a name. so Eli hop makes sense meaning the High Hop :wink: I know because I’m fluent in the language :smiley:

Edit: I think Boomerang is a weird name for a yoyo trick! but I guess that too can make a little sense.

1 Like

And here I thought it was a person…