Weird Bearing Poll

Are people interested to see more weird bearing setups in yoyos?

Its important to note that any new bearing options will likely be flat only.

• Yes please, we need more variety.
  • I’m perfectly happy with the standard sizes and not really interested with new experimental options being available.
0 voters
1 Like

Love the beefcaked tfl

3 Likes

I think more bearings setups would be pretty awesome. Though I will admit it’s nice when everything is the same size as keeping spares is much less complicated.

2 Likes

I would be into a new size D bearing yoyo

1 Like

The RBC’s proof that weird bearings can work wonders.
As long as they’re readily available from hobby stores, there’s no problem.

3 Likes

Interesting. I wonder what other weird combos there are. I’m cool with C, D and half spec but I work with equipment that has proprietary this and just-a-little-bit-different that and it’s infuriating. You’re not special, you’re RJ45 going into steel conduit. Your connector doesn’t have to be special, you’re gonna get routed into a switch anyways. That being said, them little Bangarang bearings, I wonder what that would do with a full sized throw…

2 Likes

I’m all for experimentation. If the MR85 made the RBC, maybe there are other things out there that would be great as well.

3 Likes

If it makes a clear difference in a yo-yo’s performance or capabilities, I think it is justified.

If the difference is subtle, I think the downsides related to limited bearing options, hard to find replacements and incompatible spare parts take over.

1 Like

Has everyone read what I said at the start of my post? The bearing would have to be flat if I choose non standard. Just making sure people saw that.

5 Likes

I’d likely need to try a wooden throw with an MR85 to truly answer this question.

1 Like

Only if they add a lot of personality to the yo-yo and replacements are easily obtainable

2 Likes

I’d guess that would be a more difficult to find an interesting candidate bearing for an unresponsive yoyo than something to use in a responsive yoyo. Trying different bearing sizes seems more likely to have benefits for responsive play. For unresponsive, it seems like it would be difficult to un-seat (no pun intended) the C and D as the ones to use. Especially since non-flat seems to be peoples’ overwhelming preference.