Wanted To Buy: Good Intro Metal - Shutter? Ideas?

Hey guys! Just signed up I love this place so far!
I am really wanting to get my first metal unresponsive Yoyo! I’ve seen that the shutter is a good option, the ND, the Horizon etc. have been recommended to me by a few people so I’m trying to find a nice beginner to intermediate used metal Yoyo. I’d like to purchase from someone on the forum rather than a stranger online so this is the best place to start.

I want a nice quality metal unresponsive Yoyo so I can work on some more complicated tricks etc. I purchased the First base by recess Yoyo and have gotten some time in on that but I’d like a nice metal Yoyo somewhere between the price range of $20-$60 if someone has anything cool they’d be willing to let go of to help a new guy in the sport out that’d be great!! I love the paint splatter look so if anyone has any cool color options or etching for a metal Yoyo they wanna sell let me know

5 Likes

I think you mean a metal unresponsive:). Well, my recommedations are a Recess Komodo or a Shutter WA. I’ve not played a normal Shutter but from what I’ve heard the WA outplays it. The Shutter WA is slightly lighter and bigger than the Komodo, and that extra width can help you while learning while the Komodo is slighltly undersized, but I find it to be really comfortable. Both are the only monometal yoyos I own and I have no regrets about buying them. They also come in cool colorways. After all, just pick the yoyo that has your favourite specs and shape. Good luck!

2 Likes

Welcome!

There are just way too many good choices these days in that price range. $45-55 is currently the sweet spot for monometals and I’d say off the top of my head you can’t go wrong with a Shutter or ND.

If you are willing to exercise some patience and diligence, then I’d say be on the lookout for a used Top Deck on the BST, either here or on FB. Put a centering bearing in it and you will have bi-metal performance in a very comfortable monometal yoyo.

4 Likes

Awesome thanks for the advice! Definitely looking for a used Yoyo to save some cash so I’ll keep my eyes peeled! If anyone has anything for sale they wanna get rid of please let me know! ND, Top Deck, Shutter WA! Help a brother out :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

I love your enthusiasm! :smiley: :smiley:
It can be so dang fun and exciting jumping into a new hobby!
If your First Base impressed you, your going to be blown away by a quality metal unresponsive!! Can’t wait for you to get your hands on one! It’s really nice to have a quality yo to throw around and learn with!

Anyhow, I don’t really have any suggestions. I feel like it’s hard to go wrong with the Shutter Wide Angle though. I don’t have one, but have heard SO many people rave about it so am confident in endorsing it.
Just wanted to say that it’s really cool to see you so excited, and I’m wishing you the best! :smiley:

1 Like

If you’re curious to give a bi-metal a try, there’s a minty fresh pink Pragma on eBay right now for $35.

Pmd you lmk what you think cheap bundle for $35

Also cadence or cadence Es or UNPRLD ABDUCTION OR RECOGNITION ARE ALSO GREAT CHOICE ANY OF THESE CAN TAKE A BEATING AND KEEP ON TICKING MY FIRST CADENCE WAS TOTALY BEAT UP BUY FOR 20 and it was still smooth like glass so I would try to grab a cadence if you can

1 Like

Would you be interested in purchasing a Basecamp Expedition that is pretty much new except for a few almost unnoticeable scratches and a tiny bit of vibe for about $55? PM if yes

1 Like

Hey! I have a couple of cheap metal throws that are yours if you want them—beater Shutter, MagicYoYo K9, and B-grade Czech Point Pivot. Don’t think I can sell them for much so I’d be happy to send them to you. PMed.

7 Likes

I also happen to have some more too. Stopped playing with them. Got a canon, a metal replay, a dinged shutter, and a Heritage.

1 Like

This was the coolest thing to get in the mail ever! Absolutely free of charge, he even covered shipping hooked me up with a ton of cool starter stuff! Bearings, string, response pads, stickers, 3 fun ■■■ metal yo-yos! So excited man love this forum and the people who provide such a good atmosphere!

I’ll be paying it forward to a yo-yo beginner someday :slight_smile:image

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.