Vulture vs Coglite

Has anyone played both? The specs and overall design look really similar, except the Vulture is about 1g heavier. Thanks in advance!

The vulture is absolutely legendary in my book. I initially thought I wouldn’t like the shape n never considered getting one. Then got in in mystery box and it was love at first throw. I now own two and wouldn’t sell either. If ur thinking of getting one. Stop what ur doing and buy it now

1 Like

I had both and loved much more the Coglite, it is such an insanely amazing yoyo, perfect balanced, amazing performance and nicely lightweight but still amazing power on the string.

To be honest for me is so much better than the Vulture both aesthetically and functionally, both are super valid yoyos but for me the Coglite is just superior, probably one of the nicest UNPRLD yoyos

2 Likes

I have both and despite the similarity in specs they are total opposites. Vulture feels heavy, stable, powerful, thunky. I use it to learn tricks. Spins forever, takes hits no problem. Coglite is light, zippy, agile, while feeling powerful and less stable. Don’t bump it. I don’t think this is a flaw - it’s directly related to it being one of quickest and zippiest yo-yos. Both excellent, totally opposite.

2 Likes

I have both and I agree.

1 Like

I liked the Vulture a lot more once I changed the pads. It’s really starting to grow on me now. One thing people haven’t mentioned is that it’s insanely good at grinds, I can get over 10 second finger grinds and still easily bind at the end with it.

I got mine as a B grade and it’s still glass smooth with no visual flaws. The finish can cause a bit of string rubbing in horizontal, so maybe they toned it down for A grades?

1 Like

Thanks y’all for making my decision even harder :joy: But seriously, good information here. I’ll probably start with the Vulture (a month or so from now) and maybe see about getting a Coglite down the road.