Vs. Newton Charity Issues

My big issue here is intent. If you look at the listing for Operation Green Triangle on eBay, it states in the description money is charity. On all of the works “charity” all the listing were regular eBay listings. This makes this a choice at the time of creating the listings. Please clarify if I am incorrect. I also participated in the art contest that became a random drawing. The winner was posted on Facebook and made no comments on the forums as to entering or winning. I am not angry I did not win. There will always be more contests. Although it was stated that the remaining four entries would receive t-shirts. Has anyone heard of these promised t-shirts other than lack of sizes? Was anyone asked for their size? This is what seems like an iceberg, how large is this under the surface? I actually hope that Heath had to go to his folks with the truth (although I doubt it) because that is far worse than criminal action. To have your parents know that you defrauded a charity for personal gain. I have stated before and had a long conversation with my son on the matter. I hope the younger generation of throwers learn a lesson from the unacceptable actions of what was becoming a pillar of the community. I am also hoping that the money raised finds its way to the ACS, time will only tell. I would like for Heath to make his own statement to the community without excuses only to take responsibility. Thanks for reading and please do not repeat the past.

This is just incomprehensible.
How can someone commit such an act and still stand up straight and look themselves in the mirror?
I believe that if no one had applied pressure on him, he would have just let it go and pretended it never happened. Rotten to the core if you ask me. There’s no forgiveness for such a betrayal.

[quote=“kyo,post:158,topic:43516”]
I"m sure he was completely honest with you…

Sounds like authorities should get involved. This is a felony.

He lied about stealing the money. He told everyone over and over again that he had donated the money. The only reason he’s donating the money now is because he was caught.

That’s a problem.

I know that this isn’t the time for this, but you’re alive!!!

1 Like

I am still confused.
So he was accused of steal something?

Nope, he DID steal, He stole over $3000 of the money donated to his charity drive. The only reason he is donating it now is because he got caught. What he did is a felony.

Woah… Man I thought Heath was like, cool…
That is very upsetting, and just means he was desperate. We all have to accept his apology, and as long as he is paying the money back… IDK
I know for a fact he is going through hell right now.

I agree with Kyo… My friend was a shoplifter and something like this kinda happened…
I know I probably cannot comprehend the severity of this situation, as I was not involved in it, but Heath seemed pretty cool. We traded emails a while back, and my cousin had two battosais, which I had the privileged of playing with.
I just don’t think the yoyo community will be the same without hime

Or he’s just an awful person. He spent the money [supposedly] on laser tag guns, YYRs, and vsNewton protos.

No we don’t. What he did was horrible.

Really?

I don’t think some one read the thread.

WOW! … Read this.

Did you notice the shiny logo above this. (if not, take this time to look up to the left) That's your company. NO typo. YOUR company. congratulations!!!!! *high fives and alcohol at your favorite wingery to those old enough*

You guys made this into what it has become, and efficiently have made me little more than an ecstatically happy servant boy carrying out your yoyo needs. I wouldn't want it any other way. Vs. Newton YoYo Concepts (VsNYYC) was made for you guys and girls to thoroughly enjoy, and it would seem that lots of you are at least remotely amused, so I guess I'm at least getting somewhere towards my ultimate goal........*insert maniacal laughter*

That was taken from his website. I dont even have to say how I feal I purchased a happy tree batossai in which $25 was going to go to kids who dont get Christmas presents. Anyone know what charity he was dealing with? Did he pay? He never even mentioned it! I bought that yoyo because I wanted to do something to help people! I hope he at least did this one correctly!

This made me want to start a charity event… but after this people would not trust a new company like us!

If anyone comes up with a reliable and trustworthy way to make this right, count Deadly SpINS in!

The type of person that would do this in the first place is the same person who would not pay it back!

If you want to take part in a charity, read this link please.

http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=11931

We are doing it in a specific way that is 100% transparent

Absolutely! Is there a Time frame this will go on? We are expecting to have some extras from the colors we are getting done now.

I will have something up by tomorrow! If this didnt go side to side with our yoyoexpert release I would do more!

Thanks!

Month of October

Give what you can my friend. That is what everyone else is doing. We can all make this a good thing. Chris has stepped up his game on this and I am proud to support him. If it goes well this year I propose that we make it an annual event similar to how Penny Arcade developed the Child’s Play gamer charity.

That has got to be the stupidest excuse I have ever heard. He isn’t going threw anything that he didn’t cause himself. Even if he has personal problems so freakin what. I have been going threw “heck” with my daughters mother who has done everything you can possible think of to ruin my life and has used my own child to hurt me or to extort money out of me but you dont see me ripping people off expecially running a charity auction and blowing the money on myself. Life is hard period. If you go threw life with nothing bad then you wont even know what good feels like. That is not an excuse to be a thief and a liar. I at first felt bad for the Guy… not anymore. He dug his grave and if he doesn’t wanna lay in it then he needs to be forced in it. Anybody that will say oh we need to except his weak apology is crazy. Even if he donates double the money he STOLE. He still stole it and only gave it back for selfish reasons. He used peoples trust and him making good yoyos doesn’t mean anything. Him being a liar and a thief outweighs any kind of good he brought to the yoyo world. Im over this whole thing nothing will fix it or make what’s wrong right. Donate the remaining balance …cool. your still a jerk

Every July

If he come out with this fraud by himself, apologize and instantly send all money, maybe, just maybe, in that case you can forgive him.

But not here, where he was lying to last moment and only pressure of yo-yo community forced him to tell truth and send small part of money(and nobody know if he ever send rest of it). And he is trying to look like victim of bad economy situation.

You shouldn’t forgive this man, you should sue him.

1 Like