Vibe on last batch of Markmont Classics?

I just received a Markmont Classic from the last batch at Yoyoexpert and it is noticeably vibey. I was wondering if I had bad luck or they came out vibey. I have yet to try to adjust the side effects but changing the bearing did not help with mine. How’s yours?

4 Likes

One thing that might be good to try - is take the side effects out and swap the sides they are on - make sure they are really pressed in - and really tighten the yoyo up. See if that helps at all?

What color is the one you have?

7 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I will try that later. I got it in black.

3 Likes

With Side Effects the other thing to try is screwing the halves together harder. That will center them in the taper.

6 Likes

Never thought to try this. I have an earlier run that came with a tiny bit of vibe. Will try this when I get home. Thanks for the tip

2 Likes

Thanks. I tried it after being contacted by One Drop. Tightening the hell out of it has solved all the vibe.:smiley:
I never had to tighten so much a yoyo, side effects or otherwise.

6 Likes

Hurray! Enjoy - the classic is still in my top ten!

7 Likes

I would love to see that top 10 list!

3 Likes

Yeah, me too.

You can really really tighten side effect yoyos. I think it’s near impossible to damage them doing so. (Don’t stick the half in a vice or anything, just hand tighten as tight as you can).

2 Likes

People have given this advice to me for other things in life and id always break them. Id be terrified to tighten a yoyo as hard as I could :fearful:

2 Likes

I think @The_Machinist did some tests regarding this.

2 Likes

Glad the tweak worked for ya.

1 Like

Ddaaammnnn top 10? Thhhaannnkkkssss man really appreciate dat *insert black thumbs up and praying hands emojis

8 Likes

Yeah - I need to write up my top ten list - but Classic is :100:!

9 Likes

Love OD Side Effect yoyos because even if you somehow manage to strip the Side Effects, you can just pop them out and swap them. I think it’s close to impossible to damage the actual yoyo halves.

1 Like

I’d really like to see that. Seriously.

6 Likes