Very tight bearing seats?

So I have a fair share of Tight Bearing Seat Yoyos.
It’s extremely hard to get the bearing off and I’m like “Oh no the bearing’s gonna be damaged”.
So I wonder as ive heard how do you loosen the bearing seat?
as in Without using EXTREME force , but with a slight tug with pliers to get the bearing off

C3 DiBase and YYF Nova are good examples.
Help please!

Never try pull it off, never try to hurry. Gentle wiggle, get it moving tiny amounts and slowly but surely it will come off. If you want to reduce the fit you can sand back the bearing post, but this will reduce the precision of the yoyo and it may induce additional vibration.

1 Like
  1. use multitool (pile causes scratches on the wall if you are not careful)
  2. be patient, just gently wiggle until it pop out

To not ruin the bearing seat you could just go around it a couple of time to remove the anno. That might do it to let it be pulled out without heavy machinery(I know a multitool isn’t heavy machinery I carry a Leatherman Core whenever I’m out of school.

If you don’t have pliers or the yyf multitool with you,
I saw a video where the person opens the yoyo, then wraps the string around the axle, screw together yoyo tightly, open it up again(the bearing should be on the strin) then yank the string to get the bearing off. I’ll try to find that video
It works most of the time for me, but the string might be a little ripped so I wouldn’t recommend using that string.
If the string snaps, try the same thing on the other side :stuck_out_tongue:

After I (finally) got the bearing off my Di Base, I filed the bearing seat. Its a little to easy to tighten now, and Im worried one of these days its gonna fall apart…

All my yoyos have proper fitting bearings, on and off with just fingers.
The pressure to squeeze a bearing on a oversize seat does not hold the yoyo together.
I just flick mine and snug it up a bit. No problems.

1 Like

You can take down the bearing seat with some ultra fine sand paper. Get some 600 grit wet/dry paper and wrap a small piece around the seat. Rotate that around the seat a few times, carefully. Using a file is overkill and likely to cause more problems that it fixes.

1 Like